Author Topic: Škorpion vz. 61  (Read 16075 times)

american lockpicker

Škorpion vz. 61
« on: September 09, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »
If a certain website doesn't sell out of Scorpions in the next few days I'll be ordering one Monday.  :grin:

american lockpicker

Re: Škorpion vz. 61
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:38:57 PM »
I ordered it now I have to wait a few weeks till it gets in the shop...

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »
What website pray tell? and how much?
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

american lockpicker

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »
CDNN $399 + like $17 shipping. Czechpoint has also discontinued(I think) them same as CZ.

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/pistols/sa-vz-61-scorpion-in-32-acp/sa-vz-61-scorpion-blued-frame/

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »
Bummer that is a good price. but neither of them has the weapon any longer. No doubt it would have become my one and only Safe queen.  :smiley:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

american lockpicker

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 10:15:57 PM »
While I will take care not to damage the finish(I love that new look) I plan to shoot the hell out of it. Its a communist designed gun its meant to be used.  :cheesy:

Also I'm planning to order a black plastic grip for it so it matches the rest of my gun collection.

american lockpicker

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
It came in today.  :) I shot a 20 rd mag through and it jammed on 2nd to last shot. I wasn't able to take it out and clean it(packed with grease) before as I'm missing the CD manual so I figure thats what the issue is. Seems well made except for the safety which is cheap plastic and the mags have finish issues on some of them(seem to be surplus.) As for shooting it its almost recoilless and very accurate.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
american lockpicker
         Of the four weapons photgraphed on your sofe? what the heck is that top weapon? Can't say as I have ever seen one. or maybe just not from that angle. but I think it's really that I have never seen it. What Caliber is it and do I want to know how much it cost?

american lockpicker

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
Its a Brugger & Thomet TP9 from Switzerland.  :grin:  It was originally designed and made by Steyr in Austria.

http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/manufacturing/firearms/tp9_pistol.php?navanchor=2110053

Its 9x19(I use RWS ammo thats made in the same city as the gun) and was a little over $1200. If you are into SMG style guns its a must have.

Tiberius

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:50 PM »
Probably going to be one of my next buys, though I'd much rather it be chambered in 9mm than .32.

Very nice pistol though, the Czechs make some of the finest weapons.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
       That is one shiny firearm! I want one, but I'm saving up for when CZUB makes an Civilian Version of the new Scorpion the EVO. Or for the 75th Anniversary CZ if I get to chance, not holding my breath, or a Short Rail, Again not holding my breath.  :grin: After that I think I'm about done buying firearms. But if I strike out on all 3 of my first wishes I may well buy one of those. Do they come in black? and are threaded barrels available?  :cool: