Author Topic: Greetings from South Carolina  (Read 3623 times)

palmettosunshine

Greetings from South Carolina
« on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
Hello, my name is phroadrick and I'm a CZ addict.

Hi phroadrick!

My story starts out innocently, as many do.  It was a casual reference from my brother who was (and is) a Beretta 92FS fan.  Have you seen the CZ 75B?  Thus began a mission.  At first I was able to slake my lust with quick, furtive visits to the internet.  I'll just take a short peek today.  Ah, but the seductive lines, the sleek silhouette  and the sexy barrel kept me coming back.  I had to have more.  Guns shows became became my strip club.  I'm just going to look, it's not as if I'm hurting anything.  Then it was just a touch.  We're not going to the back room, I'm just going to cop a feel here on the floor.  It all came to a head the day I walked into my local pawn shop and there she was in the display case.  A gently used duo tone 9mm spoke to me.  Bargaining ensued and $310 later, she was mine.  No longer did I have to skulk around!  She was mine, all mine!

So here we sit, years later, with her on my hip, one hand gently caressing her flank, while I type with one hand.

That's my story,  thanks for listening.

american lockpicker

Re: Greetings from South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:23:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I used to have a regular CZ 75B, $310 is an excellent price.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:50:35 AM »
           First time I ever had to take a cold shower before saying Welcome to the forum to a new member.  :shocked: If I thought we wouldn't all end in jail I would maybe let you handle the PR for the Forum. Your prose certainly has that, oh how do you say it?...........................Imaginative touch.
          So I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you really like your CZ 75?  :cool:  What's not to like? And that price is/was outstanding. Apparently you are as good at haggling as you are at writing colorful prose. :lipsrsealed:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »
haha! Great narrative! Welcome to CZ Forum. You'll have a great time here with our ever-growing family. We're glad you found us! Soon you'll be needing more. And $310 is an amazing price! Wish I could find one for that much

palmettosunshine

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:38:40 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  I don't always shoot handguns, but when I do,  I shoot a CZ.

Did I mention I love my CZ?  It makes me a better shot than I really am.  I recently completed my CWP course and my instructor was drooling over my CZ.  Pretty much p*ssed off all the other students with their Smiths and Glocks and H&K's.....  Really killed them when I qualified with a 100% score on the range ( and had never shot combat style, which is required here in SC - no sights, just point and shoot) and the next closest was 84%....  I must have been having a good day.

Looking forward to learning more from others experience here.  Glad to be a part of this.

And if there is an opening for PR for the site.......

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
PR is nice, but I'd rather have someone to send me free ammo...  :laugh:
It's a bit sad, but I get SO excited every time I learn of someone new who has discovered the elegant, simple superiority of our beloved CZ firearms, especially the 75 (The Perfect Pistol). Maybe someday we can have a nation-wide get-together for our people. Somewhere easy for everyone. Say, Northern Utah? That's get at least 2 of us.  :tongue: And the best part is, when we hear GLock and Kimber people going on and on, WE know that we are right and are getting the better bargain!

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
Hi there.

excellent price on an excellent gun.

KEV
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »
         Well that's the whole point of a PR person, They have three jobs, One is talking fast and eloquently to fix things when someone from the company puts his or her foot in their mouth. (see one or two of my posts :cool: )

The Second is when the company or someone in the company comes up with sorthing new, exciting and or great. The PR folks shout it from the roof tops day and night until snipers start picking them off because they are keeping people up.

And the Third is to talk fast and convincingly why someone or another company should give your company or organization stuff for  free and or discounted stuff that will help out your company or organization, and giving the donating company credit for doing it. Without the company/organization getting the free stuff not ending up being in the giving groups pocket.

I'm just not sure how we can work in a PR person that writes things so erotically people forget what the topic is and have to take cold showers after.  :tongue: This is intended to be a Family site after all.  :angel:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
If people don't get "that old familiar feelin'" thinking about CZ firearms, do we even want them here anyway?  :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:53 AM »
       b5.5dan  There be truth in what you say there pilgrim. Besides he do paint one hell of a picture with words.

palmettosunshine we don't actually sell things to the general public here, Just amongst ourselves, but if you know anything about webpages and such, and don't mind working for simple hearfelt thank yous maybe you, myself, the moderators and possibly a couple others could come up with some ideas to make this forum and the Website also into a nice, trusted and best know sites on the web.

b5.5dan

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »
We can do that. I just need to know a little bit more about whatever system you are using for your web design. I keep forgetting to ask, so send me something and let me know. I'm getting forgetful...  :laugh: