Author Topic: SWEET LOAD 9X18 Makarov / Reloading 101 / 20 Recipes-Load Data  (Read 18005 times)

Steve H.

20 Recipes - HANDLOADS.COM
http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=9x18%20Makarov&Weight=All&type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=

9X18 Mak * Reloading the Makarov Cartridge - Getting Started
             http://www.makarov.com/mak02.html

Rocky's Reloading Room - Reloading 101
             http://www.reloadingroom.com/index_files/Reloading%20101.htm

Rocky's / Mak Attach: The Soviet 9mm
            http://www.reloadingroom.com/index_files/Makarov.htm
[/b][/i]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:53:48 PM by Steve H. »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: 9X18 Makarov / Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:02:17 PM »
Thanks for the link, it was a great read, and I will keep it. I have the dies now and I think I have some projectiles, once I am comfortable reloading 9mm, I will move to those and the others I plan to reload, so it's a great place to have so I can look at how it should be done.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:27:34 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Steve H.

Re: 9X18 Makarov / Reloading 101 / Mak Attach: The Soviet 9mm
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »
GhostWarrior:

You must read over above Post. Rocky's Corner very informative. I'm trying to put reloading equip. and supplies together. Can't wait to get started. I'm a late bloomer.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:08:42 PM by Steve H. »

kobus

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:46:55 AM »
the links are nice but what is your opinion?

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »
Hi Kobus,
They are good reads !!!  Hope your well - you sound grumpy.

Knowledge is power / Sir Francis Bacon
Knowledge is power, if you know it about the right person / Ethel Mumford

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:50:09 PM by Steve H. »

Steve H.

C.O.L.  -  tolerance keeps changing ???

My sweet load: IMR Powder, SR4756, 4.0grains @ COL .965
                         Primer WSP
                         Bullet - Berry's Plated 95gr. - .364
                         Case - Starline

I'm finding my COL tolerance keeps changing from .961 to .965 ...  Is this common when using Plated Bullets. However, it does not effect accuracy of this load.

I do not have this variance working up my 9mm Luger load using Lead Cone Nose Bullets

kobus

that is a very small variance that can be attributed to the bullets' ogive or "thickness" of plating or the stroke on the handle of your reloader.
if it does not affect accuracy and you still get tight groups then you're good to go and you should not worry about it.  :wink:

i load a lot of cmj bullets for 9mm luger.  unfortunately we can not get Berry's bullets where I live but I believe they are very good quality from what I read about them.

Steve H.

that is a very small variance that can be attributed to the bullets' ogive or "thickness" of plating or the stroke on the handle of your reloader.
if it does not affect accuracy and you still get tight groups then you're good to go and you should not worry about it.  :wink:

i load a lot of cmj bullets for 9mm luger.  unfortunately we can not get Berry's bullets where I live but I believe they are very good quality from what I read about them.

While Plated Round Nose & Full Metal Jacket 9mm Luger bullets still come to a certain degree of a point. Just like Lead Cone Nose. My Lee Seating Die accommodates them with precise C.O.L. But, the shape of 9mm Makarov is a different animal all together.

And since I don't have much experience (just a newbie) your advise is very much appreciated.

I looked up ogive (a new word) keep them coming  :smiley:
Question: Term used "CMJ" does C stand for CONE OR CONICAL? Here in US we use FMJ (full), TMJ (total), Flat Point, etc...
Please explain is CMJ used widely or a SA term???
Steve H.

kobus

Hi Steve

CMJ = Copper Metal Jacket.  These are copper plated lead bullets.   I assume that Berrys are copper plated bullets.
FMJ = Full Metal Jacket.  These are pressed copper caps filled with lead core and usually with lead exposed at the base of the bullet.

I will post some pics of the different bullets when I get home tonight.

kobus

Frontier 9mm CMJ Restrike 124gr RN made in RSA (copper plated)

PMP Denel 115gr & 95gr FMJ made in RSA (copper metal jacket)