Author Topic: first post need opinions/help  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Colt22

first post need opinions/help
« on: February 04, 2018, 11:31:19 AM »
Hello, I bought 1 year ago a CZ 75 P-01 omega UG suppressor ready model, two days ago I bought a second one. Love the balance and overall package. My first one had a broken trigger return spring on first outing with less than 3 boxes of ammo fired.  I had it replaced by CZ. When I hit 500 another broken spring, I was informed that Cajun Gun works had a better reduced power spring so I bought it, 500 more rounds and it has been perfect. My new one was shot yesterday for the first time, after 1 box of ammo at range I had a dead trigger and magazine felt a little tight coming out and friend watching me said he thought something fell out of gun when magazine was ejected. I loaded another magazine and after first shot had a dead magazine. Took slide off gun and discovered that my trigger bar support spring was missing, that's what may have exited the magwell according to my friend. Spent twenty minutes trying to find it in grassy area  with no luck. I am losing faith in CZ pistols fast, seems like I need a spring parts kit with me and back up gun when I use these, fluke or am I just very, very unlucky as these $4 dollar springs leave gun virtually unable to fire or function. Your thoughts as I see Cajun only has OEM trigger bar support springs available to purchase.

Online chfields

• Administrator
Re: first post need opinions/help
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:45:55 PM »
Welcome to our forum! I'm sorry to hear your having trouble with your CZ, that is very unusual. You may want to give CZUSA a call and talk with them. You should not be having issues like this....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:53:24 AM »
Hi Colt22,

Wow! I've forwarded the link for your alarming post to Milan Kubele, Marketing, of CZUB in the Czech Republic. It appears they must have a supplier quality problem, as your experience is diametrically opposed to the Nato Reliability Trials results posted specifically for the P-01 under PRODUCT DESCRIPTION on the CZ-USA website.

CGW does have their Reduced Power Trigger Return Springs in stock; it loaded into Cart when I went thru the motions to buy one.
https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-trs-reduced-power-trigger-return-spring/

Hopefully you also know about their Floating Trigger Pin, which ships with a short dummy pin that together make assembly incredibly easy.
http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5463.msg23034#msg23034

Here's potentially helpful trigger job info:
http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5463.msg23034#msg23034
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:58:30 AM by PappaWheelie »
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
What you are describing is very unusual, don't loose faith just yet. I have found cz to be very reliable.

Offline Colt22

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 05:58:04 PM »
Hi, Thanks for all your responses. I ordered 3 trigger bar support springs OEM only 3 bucks each from CGW an additional Trigger  reset spring , plus stainless guide rod which are not OEM. My gunsmith will attempt to get the trigger bar support spring to install and stay in place without popping out or breaking. I am convinced CZ makes good guns but they have lots of  little springs and one defective spring can have a catastrophic affect on reliability. I will replace all possible springs with CGW going forward. CZ needs topay more attention to the fit, function and quality of their springs, they are like 3 to 4 dollar parts but can render your gun inoperable. I shoot Sig M11A-1's a lot owning 3 and would like to make the P-01 my other go to platform for handguns, so far the Sigs have no issues, other than the Desert FDE finish doesn't hold up well. Right now my M11's and 226's are go to war trusted self defense guns, sadly my CZ P-01 guns are simply project guns with hold your breath reliability, only time will tell if they become steadfast reliable to the point I would trust my life and family with them.