Author Topic: P-09 sear issue or not  (Read 1651 times)

Offline The one called sam

P-09 sear issue or not
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »
     Hello everyone, I just picked up my first polymer Cz, a p-09 tactical. It shoots great, points well, shoots a bit high(need a 6:00 hold at 20 yards on an 8" plate but that's ok) my problem is with the sear engagement. In single action the trigger has a little click just before the hammer falls. You can see the sear start to lift then it hits a spot then releases. Trouble is if you get to that spot and don't fire it the sear doesn't go back down into full engagement without pulling the hammer back to release the pressure. It's got about 800 through it without any change. Is this normal or should I give Cz a call? While its cleared I've gotten it to that point and shaken and given it a few whacks with my palm to see if it would jump the sear but can't get it to. Sometimes it stays up other times it'll go down. It's clean and Lubed with light oil. Could it be the sear spring is weak or broken? Thanks for any input.

Offline The one called sam

Re: P-09 sear issue or not
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:15:05 PM »
Update: got an email back that I could send it in for inspection. Well.... I couldn't see the point in not trying so I put on some lapping compound and worked it for a few minutes. The engagement showed on only about .020" wide on one side. I put on more and worked it for a few minutes now I have 90% contact and everything seems to work well now.