Author Topic: P-10C Lube/Oil  (Read 3939 times)

Offline srk

P-10C Lube/Oil
« on: August 07, 2017, 03:56:15 PM »
New to CZs and have a brand new CZ P-10C.  Took it out of the box and lots of grease. 
Field stripped and cleaned it up using pipe cleaners, Q-tips and lint free rag. 

I am firm believer in Ballistol and use it on my Glocks and S&W handguns with no problems at all. 
I use Ballistol as a cleaner first, removing the excess with patches and swabs, then use as a lube/protectant applying one small drop at a time in various friction areas.

Question.  Went through the CZ manual and nothing mentioned regarding lube and oil..NOTHING.  Very surprised.

Cleaned up the PC-10 using Ballistol and then wiped down with rag.  Then using the dropper, just a drop on slide contact points, couple spots on the barrel, and then on the inside of the slide where barrel may make contact.  Nothing in/around/inside the trigger area.

Would appreciate comments/recommendations.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: P-10C Lube/Oil
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 08:48:57 AM »
Ballistol is a great lubricant and cleaner, it is among about a thousand products that work well on your gun.  Just lube the shinny parts and clean the gun each time that you use it and it will outlast you. 

Offline srk

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »
Thank you.  Haven't found anything or seen anything about lubing anything around the trigger mechanism, i.e., in my Glock 19 I put one drop of oil on the trigger bar.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:35:24 PM »
Interesting about the grease.

When, not IF I can afford a P-10C, I'll be sure to clean it up, then
lubricate it with M-Pro-7 which works very well for me in the last 2 years.

My hope is to buy a P10-C in FDE, but Christmas will probably take any of
my meager svaings, so I say 2018 is more likely.

It would be fun as a range gun (too heavy for my bad back as a carry gun) and to promote
for CZ-USA, and of course this excellent forum.

The FDE color would match this:

and be a welcome addition to my small CZ collection.

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.