Author Topic: TS Slide stop breaking ... Sollutions please?  (Read 2964 times)

Optimistix

TS Slide stop breaking ... Sollutions please?
« on: January 04, 2015, 03:56:27 AM »
I am not sure if there are any practical real life solutions to this "common CZ problem", but here goes ...

My gun currently has about 10 000 rounds through it and a a recent major match the slide stop broke during one of the 32 round stages almost costing me the match.

Yes, I know that is what the gun comes standard with three extra slide stops   :grin: :grin: , but is there any long term solution to this problem?

I am currently using the DMP recoil spring system experimenting between the medium and lightest spring.  I am also considering a friend of mine making me a slide stop pin from steel that has not been hardened too much thereby giving it a bit more flexibility, but I am not sure if that will last either ...

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Dickie Doyle

Re: TS Slide stop breaking ... Sollutions please?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »
I couldn't really help as a firearm expert, a am no gunsmith by any means, but as someone who manufactures and machines parts for machinery, I can give a little advise. I don't know what metal the slide stop is made from, but my guess is it's hard-or hardened-for a reason. If you are to manufacture something from softer steel, you may run into the issue of malfunctioning due to wear instead of breakage. You may want to consider the slide stop a service item, and replace it every 5000 rounds to be confident in your weapon and keep the old ones as emergency backups. Good luck!

Offline billphoto

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:33:07 PM »
Call the CZ-Store

Leo

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »
This is my "solution" to the known CZ slide stop breakage. I run a slide stop during local matches and practice. When I attend a major match, a tried and tested newer one goes in. I do this until my local match/practice slide stop breaks then the major match slide stop takes its place. Always run your designated major match slide stop at a few matches before trusting it fully.