Author Topic: Heart problems  (Read 28405 times)

bre346

Heart problems
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:04:17 AM »
To all who are aware of heart problems. The waiting, the wondering, the hope, the praying that the peer old heart will last another day.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Heart problems
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:06:59 AM »
         I do apologize bre346, when I put up the best wishes board I had intended to ask folks to keep you in mind also, I hope you are doing better than you were. You may not be in the Navy officially anymore, but you are one of my crew and you do not have leave to hit the dry docks any time in the near future. Besides, I need the time to see if anyone has figured out a way to do a burial at Internet, and if so, how?  :cool:
        So, just tell your heart to shape up, and get with the program.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bre346

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 05:39:09 PM »
Yessir, right away, sir.

I'm home already from getting that stent put in yesterday. Due a miriad of prayers the doctor's hands were perfect and there were no difficulties. I thank all of you for your support. I have rested a lot since and coming up to speed on my appetite.

I'm anxious to get back to shooting my new CZ. It has become a keeper and I have ordered a holster from Kholsters.

Hard as I can, long as I can.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »
         Very well sailor, keep that attitude and we will get along fine. Our family here is with you, both in recover and on the range. Make sure you catch up with your range time. Glad as hell the stent went well, Did wonders for a friend of mine and he's still around giving my grief about not having been in the Navy.  :laugh:

Frankly you squids scare me, how anyone can get in side a huge tin can and float around in water to deep to stand up in, is beyond me. As near as I can tell, more than a few of my ancestors, and 4 of my immediately family were all Navy, and I still don't don't get the fascination. At least on land I can find a place to hide and shoot back, you folks just let everything hang out in the breeze. Weird, very weird. Hell I won't even get in an APC and those are on land!

I really am happy things are mending and you are getting back into ship shape. Wish I could go shooting with you. Between you and my oldest brother, I am sure it would be a experience.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bre346

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:27:40 AM »
I feel for you, too. Thanks for caring.

I joined the Navy so I wouldn't have to sleep in a foxhole, march in the mud and eat dirt.

Do you  know hard it is to sink a battle carrier? The Japs tried for four years, sent everything they had and barely scratched mine. See http://www.cv6.org/1944/1944.htm for my part in it.

I plan to go shooting tomorrow.  Yes, we gotta keep the tests going.

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »
Best wishes sir. Godspeed!

bre346

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »
Thanks  .b5.dan. I've been told to stand down from my planned shooting exercise tomorrow.

Shucks. Surely next week.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »
         Well that bites! I thought clean air and light exercise was supposed to be good for you? Or is this just some normal SNAFU?

Oh and I did read up on the Kennedy, One amazing Carrier. I allready new some of her history and not because I am a Star Trek fan. Like I said 4 out of 5 known members of my family were/are Navy. I think there may be a US Navy ship around somewhere with a close record and I know the Royal Navy has at least one Ship of the Line that comes pretty close to what the Enterprise has accomplished over the years, but I doubt that any ship anywhere was ever awarded another countries Admiralty Flag (?) ( I forget exactly what it is called but it's about the biggest Honor the British award even to themselves) to go along with every other possible award a ship and crew can possibly get from it's own Country. I can't remember, but I believe your ship got at least one of everything the Navy awards ships, plus the British Admiralty Flag. One hell of a record to be proud of.

bre346

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Hey guys, I've been doing better and better since the stent was stuffed in. If I didn't know that the valve was so bad I'd tell them to go away and not bother me. I won't learn any more until November.

I've been shootin' several times and had a blast every time. The CZ just shows off every time I point it at the target.

Thanks for caring.

Bob

bre346

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »
Oh, it's been a while. I've had to wait two months to get a date for the heart valve replacement. Actually it was for the stent to heal but it's more fun to bellyache about the time.
They're going to go in on the 14th of Dec. So it's almost two MORE weeks! I expect to be home for Christmas.
Thanks for caring.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 12:30:55 PM »
       Hang tough there Bob. I put the date on my desk calander so I would remember to mention it on the 14th so anyone that wants to can keep you in mind for that day. Since it's 4 days after my birthday I'll make a special toast for you.
Calm seas and following winds

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »
Dear bre356,

I hope things go well for you. I just recently joined the forum.

I want to thank you for your service. Navy, WWII it seems.

My Grandfather was a PFC in an infantry unit in the mess in the Philippines.
My good friend at church (who past only a few years ago) was a USS Arizona survivor and was on a few different vessels after that, some Destroyers I think. I just searched and found an old interview with my friend James L. Forbis.

"He was at Pearl Harbor at the beginning of the hostilities that started World War II and he was aboard the U.S.S. Arizona, which was one of the ships that was on Battleship Row in Pearl Harbor, just off . . . or moored up against Ford Island. After the . . . the incident at ar-. . . at the Arizona he went to the U.S.S. Craven, a destroyer, and was at the battle of Midway. And then he went to the U.S.S. Calk, another destroyer, and later he went to the U.S.S. Dehaven and saw a lot of action at the invasion of Leyte and Okinawa and off Japan . . . the mainland of Japan, where he . . . his ship was involved with kamikaze attacks and so fort"

One of my dear friends at work is David Van Valkenburgh. He had a detailed schematic of the USS Arizona so I told him about my friend Jim. He then pointed out that his grandfather was the Captain.

My Grandfather passed when I was young, TB issues I think from the War. My Grandmother gave me this:

So, I truly thank you for your service. I hope you are out shooting again soon.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »
sirgilligan:

We have a board that is specifically for posting either your own service information, Military, Police, Fire, EMT basically anyone that stood in harms way to save others, or as a place of remembrances for our members to post what you just wrote about. I would be honored if you would re-post your entire story of your family and the others on that Board. Not all our members now or in the future will see this board but hopefully they will all see and read the "Everyone gave something, Some Gave all" Board, and stop to reflect on what has been paid so we have the freedoms we have today.

If you do not wish to, then that's fine, but I wanted you to know about the Board and why it was there, and that I think your family and your friend belong there also.
         BTW you don't have to re-write the post just do a cut and past. Saves some time ifyou do it that way.

bre346

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »
LEMME TELL YA THERE IS NO FUN IN ICU!
But every day it gets better. I went under the axe on the 14th and home on the 20th. The next day I had to go ER to get a nebulizer. I breathe good now.

The op went perfectly. He even found a place in a lung to fix, a place that would eventually crowd out my heart! So, in abour six weeks I'll chasing ammo again.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
OUTSTANDING!  :grin:  I wish I had an emote to show how happy I am that you are doing ok. You just made my Christmas one of the best ever. Merry Christmas Sir, and to your family and loved ones. And I'm sure you made a couple other Christmas's nicer as well. Take it easy. I don't think I have pissed off to many potential members that we won't be here when you are back on your pins.
Truely a Merry Christmas  :angel: