Author Topic: Sig Sauer Extended Brace Question.  (Read 2444 times)

Panoply76

Sig Sauer Extended Brace Question.
« on: July 17, 2015, 07:02:57 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Like y'all I'm blown away and as happy as can be with CZ's new offering of the Scorpion.  I watched the video, as no doubt most of y'all did, by Youtuber Colion Noir.  If you didn't, here is a link - it is very much worth watching:
! No longer available

In it, he mentions the 'infamous Sig Brace.'  I am certain he meant 'famous' but I'm not here to trash this guy's spoken grammar.  Truth be told, I'd never heard of this Sig brace, famous or infamous.
My question for you all is:  Where can you buy the adapter that allows you to attach the Sig Brace and, second, which Sig Brace is the appropriate one?  If y'all could link me to one or both I'd very much appreciate it.
I am not 100% going to be buying this pistol, I'd have to look at the combined price for not just the weapon itself but the adapter and the Brace as well.  It is a definite possibility, even if I have to wait a bit due to the no doubt high demand for the pistol.  Finding one available might take some time.  After everyone who is sitting on go to buy one has gotten theirs.

Thanks a million, anyone who helps me out with this.

~Pan 

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Sig Sauer Extended Brace Question.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 11:20:22 PM »
Sig brace:
http://store.sigsauer.com/sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-7460.html

Butt cap and tube for the brace.
https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19992_Scorpion-Evo-3-S1-Pistol-Arm-Brace-Kit

And he did mean infamous. Look up some of the Open letters from the ATF on this product.

Panoply76

Re: Sig Sauer Extended Brace Question.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 04:55:50 AM »
Thank you, AngryVikingMan,

I read 2 ATF open letters- the original Open Letter and one in response to Sig's response to their original Open Letter.

If I understand it correctly, the Scorpion Pistol does not become NFA weapon unless used to allow the weapon to be fired from the shoulder.  I don't think this makes the brace 'infamous,' but that's probably a 100% subjective thing.  I can see why someone might use 'infamous' though.  It looks pretty damned easy to get yourself in hot water.

In the, perhaps likely?, case that you were subtly warning me not to do this, on the chance that I did not know this - that's absolutely admirable.  Fortunately, I am 'all growed up' as my graddad would have said, at 39 and worked at a firearms retailer (which is now the largest in my region, I say proudly because perhaps my small contribution helped put it there), I know of the restrictions on barrel length regarding weapons that can be made into NFA firearms.

Thanks for the info!  I will likely not buy the Scorpion, and had never intended to when posting my original question.  This brace is news to me and I appreciate your providing me with the info.  I thought it a fascinating device and would love to try one on, especially with the Scorpion.

Yours,
Pan

PS:  Of course, a great many shooters, whether they admit it or not, have perhaps been involved in altering a weapon in such a way as to violate the act.  The 'old sawing off a shotgun to absurd lengths.'  As an example, a young shooter around age 16 or so might have taken a friends pretty crappy 20 gauge single shot break action and colluded with said friend to saw the barrel off and so create a shotgun with an 8.5" barrel.  This shotgun would prove to be utterly useless, but incredibly fun, to our imaginary youths - until the father of the guns owner discovered what had been done (perhaps because the youths had been so stupid as to throw the cut barrel into a pile of cut brushwood?).  That father could have contacted the fathers of all kids involved and put a serious dent in their summer fun.  All theoretically.

PPS:  I caved a few years ago and bought a M&P-15, this is all the 'tactical' I want or need out of life.  In fact, had I to do it over again, I'd have put that money, and perhaps a bit of tacticality, into a Remington 700 SPS in .308 as I do not hunt.  The only 'hunting' I might do is 'varminting' nutria, coons, opossum and the occasional fox - species that are very unhealthy for the quiet city subdivision I live in.  A fox (or, if not a fox, a UFO) took my 16yo Pug I'd had since age 13.  They were quite a nuisance in my neighborhhood at that time (14 years ago), taking cats and small dogs.  Amazingly, after taking my Bug (her name, not a misspelling - yes, Bug the pug), their presence in my area diminished dramatically.  The only evidence that might point to what happened might have been the casings of .22 Shorts and the sleepless nights of my brother and I.  Outside city limits, I very much do my part to keep down the nutria population.  I am in south Louisiana and they are very damaging little pests.  They destroy wetlands by eating the vegetation down to golf course height and undermine levees and bridges.  Imagine a beaver without the tail (it it's place imagine a rat's, resized appropriately) or ANY endearing qualities - even their pelts are worthless -  and you've a nutria.  Here is a pic.  They are unregulated and in fact carry a $4 bounty.
http://www.peeniewallie.com/images2008/nutria2.jpg
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:58:04 AM by Panoply76 »