Author Topic: WTB: Extended CZ 75 9mm barrel  (Read 9188 times)

Offline cal50

WTB: Extended CZ 75 9mm barrel
« on: December 24, 2013, 12:40:56 AM »
I am looking for an extended barrel for my 9mm CZ-75 B pistol. Something similar to the 6" factory version. I am looking for one to cut down and thread for suppressor use.
Used and not too abused works for me. If you have one and are considering letting it go give me a heads up.

Thanks and a Merry Christmas!

kneelingatlas

Re: WTB: Extended CZ 75 9mm barrel
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »
You can use a Tactical Sport barrel although you'd have to open up the crown to 14mm or use an SP01 slide (the 9mm 75B has a barrel diameter of 12.75mm, the SP01, TS, CM, Shadow 9/40s all use the larger barrel):

Offline cal50

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
Do I read it correctly the Tactical sport barrel is a larger diameter ?
14MM outside diameter?

If so I could turn the barrel OD down which is much easier.

Who carries / stock the Tactical Sport 9mm barrels ?

kneelingatlas

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »
Yes, you could turn down the TS barrel, CZ USA and CZC sell them.

Offline cal50

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »
How much barrel is sticking out from the slide (length) ?

kneelingatlas

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »
0.6"

Offline cal50

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »
Thank you sir~

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 04:35:48 PM »
I'm jumping into this way late I know, but just for the sake of knowledge, you can buy extended barrels from a company called Fire Dragon http://www.efkfiredragon.com/ They don't list CZ's but they have made barrels for them in the past. I have bought both threaded abd ported barrels from them. you may well have to fit the barrels to the pistol but they are a source.

Also late last year (now that sounds weird, late last year  :laugh: ) CZCustom and CZ-USA announced that they also are selling extended barrels for CZ's in both thread and non threaded barrels. However, although you can buy them it is highly Recommended by both that you have them fit the barrel to your pistol(s) at an extra cost.

I'm not saying anything about anything other than that I know of those two places. If you are goo to go with doing the Mods that Atlas suggests then have at it, this is more or less intended for those that aren't u to or don't have the equipment to turn down a barrel or open the crown on the slide
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline cal50

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:32:49 PM »
I'm jumping into this way late I know, but just for the sake of knowledge, you can buy extended barrels from a company called Fire Dragon http://www.efkfiredragon.com/ They don't list CZ's but they have made barrels for them in the past. I have bought both threaded abd ported barrels from them. you may well have to fit the barrels to the pistol but they are a source.

Also late last year (now that sounds weird, late last year  :laugh: ) CZCustom and CZ-USA announced that they also are selling extended barrels for CZ's in both thread and non threaded barrels. However, although you can buy them it is highly Recommended by both that you have them fit the barrel to your pistol(s) at an extra cost.

I'm not saying anything about anything other than that I know of those two places. If you are goo to go with doing the Mods that Atlas suggests then have at it, this is more or less intended for those that aren't u to or don't have the equipment to turn down a barrel or open the crown on the slide

Thx for the reply and assistance.

I floated an email to EFK and have not received a reply as of yet. To be honest I would prefer a factory CZ barrel or even a factory CZ barrel I turn down over an EFK. Some of their barrels are great and some lacking in QC department. I would REALLY like to get the 6" and cut to the length I desire but the tactical sport is in stock so I might go that route if a 6" does not appear in the near future.Getting the barrel is the hard part, fitting is easy!

My last barrel fitting project on one of my shooting irons.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/311636-peek-inside-s-w-500-barrel-shroud.html

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
ok all I can  say to that whole post is Damn! I would kill for skills and knowledge to do that sort of thing. I'm not saying ya or nay about what you did, for the simple reason is that I am in no way qualified to make any sort of informed comment. But I can appreaciate craftmanship and the willingness to blue sky a project. And if it came out the way you had hoped then who can say otherwise?
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline cal50

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 01:40:47 AM »
ok all I can  say to that whole post is Damn! I would kill for skills and knowledge to do that sort of thing. I'm not saying ya or nay about what you did, for the simple reason is that I am in no way qualified to make any sort of informed comment. But I can appreaciate craftmanship and the willingness to blue sky a project. And if it came out the way you had hoped then who can say otherwise?

Toolmaker by trade and gun plumber by interest.

The S&W was pretty straight forward. My "other" project was more involved......but fun once I got it running 100%

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?22723-Stemple-76-45-make-over-continued 

kneelingatlas

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »
You're in luck!  CZ USA has some 6" barrels for the 75:  http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420649201_Barrel-6--9mm

Offline cal50

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:59 AM »
You're in luck!  CZ USA has some 6" barrels for the 75:  http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420649201_Barrel-6--9mm

Thx for the heads up!