Author Topic: Reloading for 75B - What to Watch for?  (Read 4219 times)

john16443

Reloading for 75B - What to Watch for?
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »
I'm an avid reloader for 9mm and 45ACP, and have had great success for my Ruger and RIA guns.  I just purchased a used 75B, and understand that I may have to modify my 9mm loads for that pistol, probably due to the "shorter" CZ leade.

I'll be doing the plunk test, etc. to make sure things chamber, but are there other things to be on the lookout for that I need to know about?  I load Berry's RN, X-Treme RN, and Precision hard coated flat point on my Hornady LNL using W231 powder.  I seat and taper crimp in separate dies, and don't use a factory crimp die of any kind.  If the CZ will require a shorter COL to chamber properly, I'll just start development of loads from scratch to find what it likes.

Cavedweller

Re: Reloading for 75B - What to Watch for?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
I have used Berry bullets in my CZ SP-01 and the 124 gr hollow point has to be seated at 1.02 or less to clear the rifling and the 124 gr flat point at 1.06 or less. I have had jamming issues with these bullets at those lengths. Hornady XTPs have to be seated at 1.075-1.078 and have not had the feeding issues as the shorter OAL Berry's. The round nose Berry's are fine and can be seated at any length you find the most accurate for your gun.  The issues have not been very bad, but any issue is unacceptable for me. I have shot about 6000 rds through my gun so will need to check the rifling clearance again to see if it has increased much so I can lengthen the XTPs a little to see what that would do. My Berry's 124gr HBRN/TP bullets clear the rifling at over 1.23 OAL so length is not an issue with them. Your mileage may vary so I hope this info helps a little.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: Reloading for 75B - What to Watch for?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 02:19:36 AM »
This year I have found nice FMJ bullets at the price of copper washed.  They have been working fine.
http://www.precisiondelta.com/detail.php?sku=B-9-124-FMJ