Author Topic: AR, AK, and other Long Gun Picture Thread  (Read 13048 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: AR, AK, and other Long Gun Picture Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
           Really shiny pictures from you all. And finding legit Japanese Swords is not the easiest trick to do, congratulations on having a real one.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »
Yessir! That Chrysanthemum is, as far as I know, an indication of real folded (not stamped) blade work. Nice stuff... I'll get me a sword some day... After I get my Mossberg pump and a 10mm...  :laugh: 

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »
My Grandfather was there and brought it back. He died when I was around 8 years old, do I don't know the story of how he got them, other than he was there, in the infantry, in the liberation of the Philippines, and he brought those and a Japanese flag back.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »
        Sorry you didn't get to spend more time with him. But he did what he had to and in the face of Death and Valhalla, and came home, with trophies, from a piece of history, to be handed down through the family, That's a good thing, and I'm sure your family said a special thank to him on Monday
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ezcz75

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »
LOL!!! :laugh:

When I first saw this thread I only read the AR,AK part and thought it had something to do with Arkansas and Alaska!  People shipping to me in Alaska often confuse the two.  Even had a well respected college professor ask me how the weather was in Arkansas one time.  We both had a good laugh!

Anyway, I don't either of the actual topics but they are on the short list! 
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.