Author Topic: Major jump in Ammo Prices?  (Read 3142 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Major jump in Ammo Prices?
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
             I heard today that there is going to be a major price increase on most of the common calibers of Ammo very very soon if not already. Anyone have any idea if it has allready gone up or if not who is the cheapest to buy in bulk form? I'm thinking of 1k in 9, 40, 45. as a minimum. And all three of those in both subsonic and sonic speeds, and whatever average grain projectiles. Round ball to start. I Know All my Pre-B 75's choke on hollow points but so I have never actually tried using ah in my 75B's in any of the 3  or 4 calibers. (the 4th being .380. but I really do not need a case of that. in ball or HP)
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline a.lol.cat

• European Gun Addict
Re: Major jump in Ammo Prices?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »
There's been talk of 10%+ increase due to components. I know I'm on my second steel price increases this year for work. CDNN had a "beat the price increase" in their newest 2012 catalog.

SG-Ammo has 147gr Win Super X @ $0.253 delivered per 1k
http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/500rd-9mm-147gr-fmj-winchester-super-x-subsonic

I've had much better luck running that through my 9mm Gem-Tech multimount on a P226 host. 115gr WWB causes jams, stovepipes and FTE's, 124gr RWS runs well, but isn't subsonic.

The have Speer Lawman 147gr listed for around $0.235 dev per 1k but are currently out of stock.

Weaponsworld.com runs some good deals sometimes, but it's in FL so sales tax becomes an issue  :rolleyes: . I got free shipping on my last order to balance it out and the tax so my 1k of RWS came in @ just under $0.20 a round for 9mm.

It's hard to find anything brass cased under that 19-20 cent mark, and I personally don't feed my guns the "bear" or "wolf", I don't enjoy cleaning them that much...lol

You'd have to look on your own about 40 & 45, I have no clue what that runs.

Offline newbuckeye

Re: Major jump in Ammo Prices?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:12:46 AM »
Start here...... http://gun-deals.com/ammo you can break the cost down per round and include shipping, then they also have links to the web site that has what you are looking for.  It stays pretty up to date as it is updated by the users.
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect their country from its government."  Thomas Paine