Author Topic: New 75 B 9mm  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Gaterskiner

New 75 B 9mm
« on: June 11, 2016, 04:07:18 PM »
Got my new 75 B Last monday. Have several hundred rounds through it now. The gun is accurate and feels good in my hand. I am disappointed with the trigger. Extremely heavy double action and the creepiest single action I have seen in A quality firearm. CZ tells me people rave about their great triggers and trigger pull is subjective. They recommend their custom shop for remedy. Not ready to spend A couple hundred extra on this trigger. Anything A reasonably competent owner can do to help this problem?. Also need A more visible front sight. Any recommendations?

Offline Kolholznik

Re: New 75 B 9mm
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »
Congratulations!  I'm crazy about my 75B and P-01 but, yes, the triggers are somewhat heavy and gritty at first.  They do have a lot of take-up in single action mode.  The remedy that most will tell you - without immediately sending it to the custom shop for a trigger job - is to shoot it.  Shoot it a lot.  CZ triggers improve with use.  My P-01 trigger is noticeably better after 1200 rounds than it was brand new.  My 75B is getting there but, I only have about 300 thru it so far.  It also wouldn't hurt to get some 9mm snap caps and do some dry-firing too.
CZ 75B Matte Stainless, (2) CZ P-01's, CZ 75D PCR, CZ 455 American Synthetic, Colt 6721 HBAR, Remington 700 LR .300 WM, Sig 1911 TTT, Sig P220 Elite

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 08:00:45 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! I have the 75 B SA and the Rami.....The SA had a pretty good trigger out of the box, but definitely got better as more rounds were put through it...I agree with [size=0px] [/size][/size][size=0px]Kolholznik [/size][/size]shoot it and dry fire is the next best thing to a trigger job. I got a fiber optic (red) put on my SA by CZC and it makes a world of difference, that and a adjustable rear sight....loving it....[size=0px]

[/size]Again, welcome to our forum![size=0px]
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Gaterskiner

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »
Anyone use the CGW Race hammer and adjustible sear?

Offline Kolholznik

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 08:56:23 AM »
Anyone use the CGW Race hammer and adjustible sear?

I haven't but, I don't think you could go wrong using any of CGW's parts.
CZ 75B Matte Stainless, (2) CZ P-01's, CZ 75D PCR, CZ 455 American Synthetic, Colt 6721 HBAR, Remington 700 LR .300 WM, Sig 1911 TTT, Sig P220 Elite

Offline Gaterskiner

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 02:59:28 PM »
I called CGW and just bought everything they recommended. That should cover it.

Offline Gaterskiner

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 09:57:42 PM »
Got the CGW parts put in. Along with A little polishing of internals Gun now has A sweet single action pull under 4 lbs with no creep. Double action is A little heaver than I would like but very smooth all the way through.May do A little more polishing later.  Happy with the results.
Getting the sear cage back together was A trying  experiance to say the least!