Author Topic: P01 slide on a Phantom frame  (Read 1620 times)

Offline CZ Juan

P01 slide on a Phantom frame
« on: December 22, 2018, 01:59:22 PM »
First, I'm new here so hello and please forgive me if what I'm about to write is sacrilege.  Has anyone here done any experimentation involving a P01 (decocker model) slide on a Phantom frame?

Just for the heck of it, I mounted my P01 slide onto a phantom frame and it seams to work. I have not fired it this way. I'm a bit intimidated by the thought of any damage being done to either of these beloved firearms by doing such a thing. Temptation will eventually get the best of me and it will only be a matter of time before I take this combo to the range.
 The frame is a half inch longer than the slide of-course but everything lines up as it should. The longer frame extension could possibly warp due to heat though so I'd only put one or two rounds through it. Part of me is tempted to contact CZ to see if I can obtain a phantom frame for modification but I doubt this is possible. I would probably have to buy a whole phantom which brings up another issue. The firearm reg. number is located in the area that would need to be removed in order to line up with the P01 frame. I think this would create some legal issues. What's the general consensus on this? Thanks,