Author Topic: CZ Duty carrry with safety off  (Read 2425 times)

Offline hot chili powder

CZ Duty carrry with safety off
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »
Have received different answers to this question: Can I safely carry my CZ P07 Duty 9mm chambered & safety off, I use a OWB holster. I can find nothing that tells me this a bad idea.....what do all you CZ guys think??

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: CZ Duty carrry with safety off
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »
The "B" on the 75B means that there is a firing pin Block that will prevent the gun from firing unless the trigger is being pressed.  If you drop the gun it will not fire.  Recently made CZ's have the firing pin block, I don't know of any made without it.  So, unless you have an old pre-block pistol you are safe as long as you don't press the trigger.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:04:09 PM »
Unless you are carrying your CZ75 P-07 DUTY cocked and locked with the hammer back and safety off.

You are in Da/Sa mode with your DUTY and the hammer is down. There is a decock lever and not
a thumb safety per se.
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Offline hot chili powder

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »
Thanks guys....my P07 Duty has the firing pin block and has thumb safety....so I'm safe to carry hammer down and safety off.

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 03:26:30 AM »
Yes, as long as the hammer has been safely lowered into the DA position, your first trigger pull will be longer and heavier than when the hammer is back in SA mode (as it will be in your subsequent follow up shots).  I'd make sure to practice taking the safety off during your draw stroke just in case the safety lever has been inadvertently knocked into the "on" position for whatever reason.