Author Topic: Cz 75 Pre model B magazines  (Read 6827 times)

Jeb21

Cz 75 Pre model B magazines
« on: April 25, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
Hello all,

I purchased my first CZ pistol last week, a CZ 75 (pre model B).  I am hooked.  I used it in an IDPA competition after only firing 150 rounds through it the day before.  What a sweet shooting accurate pistol.  I was only one point down for the entire match (I was still slow, but that is my fault not the pistol's).  I was searching for additional magazines and learned that pre model B mags are near impossible to find. 

I am sure that you have all heard this question a thousand times, but where can I find a pre model B magazines?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Cz 75 Pre model B magazines
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »
     Welcome to the Forum I'm glad you found us, and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay with us as long as you want.
     Yes the mags are not easy to find, but I would NOT recommend trying MerCor's in it because everyone single MerC I tried in any of my Pre-B's jammed halfway in. I think there are some after market mags that will fit but off hand the only one I can think of is a mag that fits a TZ75. (A knock off CZ75-PreB) that came out while CZ was banned from the US market. Damn good weapon actually and I actually owned one for a while. Keep checking the CZ-USA Web site they sometimes have factory original mags come up for sale. I just bought a couple from CZ Custom. Oh ya check with them also. And also keep and eye on GunBroker.com and auctionarms.com because the mags come up for sale on those 2 sites on a regular basis, Just be care to make sure as best you can that you are buying the Original mags and not the MerCer ones.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Jeb21

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
Thanks for the information!

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
It is possible to modify the magwell to accept the newer 16rnd CZ and 16rnd MecGar magazines.
The AFC mags from MecGar won't fit even with modification to the magwell.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »
               While you can modify the magwell in the CZ 75 Pre-B or any other pistol for that matter, I personally think I shouldn't have to mod the magwell from factory specs. Yes sir, I know and understand that weapons are modified every min of every day somewhere in the world. But generally those mods are to triggers, hammers, springs, and so on. I think I would always worry that once I modified the magwell in my 75 Pre-B that the original factory mags would then somehow have reliance issues from then on. No doubt that's an irrational belief but that's just me. I think it's better to simply find mags that actually work without having to mod anything. Fairly easy to do and certainly in MHO if a Pre-B is your only CZ then you only need a few extra mags, (says the guy with roughly 3 extra mags per pistol, racked and stacked )  :laugh:

For everything that goes into weapons and shooting them there are 2 ideas for doing it differently, pretty much like most things in life. I may just be lucky with my mags since I have been using CZ's for 30 or 40 odd years or so, and have a few original factory mags which I guard jealously.  But I also have Mec' s and Pro's and some others that don't have a mfg. name on them anywhere, and they all appear to work in all my B model CZ's. They just don't work in/with my Pre-B models.

And yes, that does cause some grief for me keeping them separate, but I'm willing to take the time, and I'm working on a way to tell all my mags apart so I don't grab a .40 instead of a 9mike mike, or worse a mag for my ColtZ40 or CZ 40 B when I'm using my CZ 40P. Now that's a problem you do not want to have any time.  :cool: 

So I guess I haven't really helped much and I'm sorry. but I hope that this will help. Or maybe someone can help me with ideas on how to keep the different calibers separated, since for all intents and purposes they all (The Mags) really all look alike and it's way too easy to get the wrong one. As it stands now I have written on the backs or each mag what the Cal is and what pistol they work in using a Silver Ink Sharpie Marker. I'll post pics of thos as well this weekend.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice