Author Topic: Range Reports with Proof, er, Pictures  (Read 87884 times)

Offline sirgilligan

Re: Range Reports with Proof, er, Pictures
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 01:38:29 AM »
Happy New Year.

No offense taken. I don't get offended unless offense is intended, then I pout a lot.  :tongue:

The set with my brother's ammo was set number 7 of 11. I was warmed up but not tired yet.
The set with the PMC is number 3. I was trying different grips/holds as stated. I have always shot "revolver style" or even one handed. Supporting hand with index finger on the nice flat trigger guard was something new. I haven't figured it out.

My brother is in Kentucky. I will tell him that his loads are desirable. We'll see what he says.  :grin:

My wife got me a pass to the range, good for two hours a day. Hopefully I can go four or five times a month at least.

Take care my friends.

b5.5dan

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 02:13:58 AM »
It's AMAZING how much my accuracy suffers if I don't go at least once a fortnight... But on the whole, we've got a decent set of shooters here!  :cool: We need a team, a sponsor, and, I'm thinking, our own jet and chauffeur to get us to matches...  :laugh:

Right now I am LOVING this stuff...

Shoots great. I was just almost out and didn't shoot any the other day. It's what I have loaded in everything I have that they make it in. Great ammo!

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 08:44:27 AM »
I'm down to be on the team. At least once I lose enough weight to fit into one of those snazzy team CZ shirts. GW, you've got the Jet and chauffeur covered right?

Thats with some crappy range reloads. out between 10 and 15 yards. Tactical drills. 50 rounds.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:02:25 AM by Angryvikingman »

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »
Hey, I can't shoot, but I can.... write "an App for that!"  :cheesy: :tongue: :laugh:

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
Your shooting was actually pretty good sirgilligan. Especially since you're not used to the pistol. Have you tried mating your thumbs, and putting a finger or two of your offhand on the triggerguard for stability? One nice thing about the slide-in-frame design of the CZ is you can put a lot more positive grip on the gun for more accurate shooting.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
       Mating his thumbs? How do you do that and what kind of offspring do they have, Little Fingers? Or finger nails?  :tongue:

Oh and the jet and chauffeur? Taken care of,  Ken has borrowed Barbie's Vet, not sure how we will all fit, may have to make 2 or 3 trips, and the Jets waiting over in LegoLand :laugh: Don't I wish? If I win a big enough Lotto or Power Ball Lottery, I may well put together a Shooting Team along with a really good reloader and a really good gunsmith. After getting the equipment in the plane there may not be room for us? I suppose you guys could fly coach?

And those "crappy range loads", apparently you were able to adapt, improvise and overcome that particular obstacle.  :grin:

sirgilligan:

You are doing fine, like I said once you find your Center (by which I mean, Stance and grip) you will be a contender. If you don't allready, try shooting with both eyes open. Everything is just a matter of time and practice. But take heart, in a couple months you too can critique my shooting skills...............That is if I can remember where I left them that is.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »
Ran 50 rounds of PMC Bronze 115 FMJ and 50 rounds of Federal 115 FMJ.
No malfunctions. 600 rounds now through the CZ 85B.
Worked on trigger pull today. As usual, free standing, two hand hold (free hand cupped holding shooting hand, aka a revolver grip), no support or leaning.

PMC - 7 yards, 20 rounds. 4 rounds at each target starting from top left...

PMC - 15 yards, 10 rounds

b5.5dan

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »
Very nice!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
very well done. Big differece.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 10:41:33 PM »
Yes it is coming together nicely. Thanks to all for advice.
First time out - Check gun for function and ability
Second time out - Experimented with stance and grip. Settled on a modified Weaver stance with a cupped support hand.
Third time out - Experimented with trigger control and sight picture.

Anyone reading this thread that doesn't have a CZ 75 family pistol, then you should seriously think about getting one. $480 - $520 range of prices, great balance, great point-ability, good trigger with excellent feel,... it brings all of the things you need to the table.

Also, with 600 rounds now through it with no issues there is also no additional wear that is noticeable either. After the first 100 rounds or so the shiny places on the slide are the same, so it is not showing any signs of poor alignment or poor tolerances.

Here are some reports that show how the ammo is grouping:

It looks like to me that Remington UMC is the best from 7 - 25 yards for "reasonable" priced ammunition. I will keep records all this year and wonder how things will pan out.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:27:13 PM by sirgilligan »

b5.5dan

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
How much is th eapp and is an Android version in the works? I'll sell it at my local gun store as if it were my own baby. Yo,, of course, will reap all of the proceeds. You should hear how many CZs I've helped those guys sell...

Speaking of which, I promise I really can shoot... haha

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »
I'll PM you about the App.

One thing about tracking results, it really doesn't track if you are tired at the end of a firing session and groups might open up, stuff like that, the human inconsistencies.
Another thing I track is failures, ammo related or weapon related. Those are good to compile and see if there are trends.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
          Me, Me, me, too! then again if I get it I'll have to fly to Austin to get my daughter to show me how to use it.  :laugh: And I can't really fly these days. I don't think they have come up with a way for changes in altitude and cabin pressure not to mess with blood pressure meds, especially 3 different kinds at once. :rolleyes:  And ever since I crushed my heel I can't deal with small cramped seats anymore. Go figure, I can't. :cool:

b5.5dan

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »
I really need help... For some reason, my shooting has gone to hell... It's humiliating...

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
I really need help... For some reason, my shooting has gone to hell... It's humiliating...

What's up?