Author Topic: New CZ75 Compact PCR  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Jerryba

New CZ75 Compact PCR
« on: March 10, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
Really like my PCR. Want to get it in shape for future carry I have new VZ grip but not sure zi need it because I kinda like the rubber one it came with. I see people talk about replacing guide rod with stainless steel. Also, replacing front site with fiber optic?  I can see
Maybes bigger front site might help. But are these upgrades really going to help?  I also put new rubber base pads, which was improvement over the THIN steel. What is the advantage of zFO site over just a bigger site, like on my P320?  New to handguns but enjoy shooting. Advice appreciated!

Offline AITG

Re: New CZ75 Compact PCR
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
The PCR is an awesome gun. I have a number of 9mm guns in the safe and nothing shoots better than my PCR. Since you are a new shooter, the best thing you can do is spend your money on ammunition. Practice and get comfortable with the gun the way it is. In a thousand rounds or so you'll know what you like and what you want to change...if anything.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »
I tried several different grips and went back to the rubber ones.  I like them the best. 
I like the 1.5mm fiber optic front sight, it fills the rear notch better.  It might have something to do with me being 70.
AITG's advice is good to follow, just shoot the gun as much as you can and see if anything bothers you along the way. 
There are lots of discussions about guide rods.  I give extra points to the plastic ones for acting like shock buffers.

Offline jmac1911

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 02:36:04 PM »
It may not apply if you intend on concealed carry but I just got done installing the pro kit from Cajun Gun Works and all I can say is wow! It made a great gun Fantastic! I had looked at a Shadow Compact but after the Pro kit my PCR feels better!