Author Topic: P-10C trigger  (Read 3288 times)

Offline downtown0309

P-10C trigger
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
New guy here. I just got me a P-10C and took it to the range yesterday. Fired about 300 rds through it. Loved the gun but something on the trigger really tore my finger up. My finger feels like it should have a blister on it but there is no visual injury. What on the trigger could be causing this? Thank you.

Offline MedicRijos

• CZForum.com Shooting Team member
Re: P-10C trigger
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 10:06:56 AM »
when anything like that happens, means you need more range time! get those hands used to it!  lol
YouTube: Rafy Rijos
Facebook: Rafy Rijos

Offline DoubleTap

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
New guy here. I just got me a P-10C and took it to the range yesterday. Fired about 300 rds through it. Loved the gun but something on the trigger really tore my finger up. My finger feels like it should have a blister on it but there is no visual injury. What on the trigger could be causing this? Thank you.

You might want to consider a HB Industries flat trigger for your P-10. I installed one in mine and love it. Much easier on the trigger finger.
CZ 10-PC 9mm
Springfield XDE 9mm
Colt Cobra 38 SPL+P

Offline downtown0309

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »

You might want to consider a HB Industries flat trigger for your P-10. I installed one in mine and love it. Much easier on the trigger finger.

Good idea, look what I did yesterday!

Offline frgood

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 06:24:10 AM »

What was the result of your install?

I do have a couple of questions regarding usage?
1. What is your finger placement on the original trigger?
   are you referring to a callous on the tip of your finger? On the first knuckle?
2. When you pull back on the trigger, are you finding any stress or flex on the trigger at the end of the over travel ?
3. Do you slide you finger off the trigger between pulls?
4. When you inspect the trigger (assuming you are tearing flesh), are there any burrs on the outside edge of the trigger?
5. Of the 300 fired, how many were consecutive? Did you run a several mags in less than 3 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?
6. what was the group size on the average 3 or 5 round burst?

Offline downtown0309

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »

What was the result of your install?

I do have a couple of questions regarding usage?
1. What is your finger placement on the original trigger?
   are you referring to a callous on the tip of your finger? On the first knuckle?
2. When you pull back on the trigger, are you finding any stress or flex on the trigger at the end of the over travel ?
3. Do you slide you finger off the trigger between pulls?
4. When you inspect the trigger (assuming you are tearing flesh), are there any burrs on the outside edge of the trigger?
5. Of the 300 fired, how many were consecutive? Did you run a several mags in less than 3 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?
6. what was the group size on the average 3 or 5 round burst?

1. I usually put the trigger kinda directly behind my finger nail. Between the fingertip and the first knuckle. It wasn't a callus or anything visual, just a pain like there should have been a blood blister there.
2. Never noticed anything. The stock trigger movement felt good.
3. No , I usually never let up much pressure, I never fully release the trigger, I pull to reset and then fire again.
4. No burrs or anything I could tell that would cause this.
5. None. I would load a 15rd mag and fire it, then repeat. No consecutive mags.
6. Not sure , but I will post a pic of one magazine (possibly 2) using 124gr HST.
Hope this helps.

Offline Jerryba

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 12:07:17 AM »
I understand what he is saying about the P10C trigger. I have the same problem, with that type of trigger safety. Doesn’t bother me with the XDs. Would a good lube job with the white lithium grease make the trigger feel somewhat better?