Author Topic: Magazine for cz75B-SA  (Read 2361 times)

Offline bengray3@yahoo.com

Magazine for cz75B-SA
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »
I purchased two new magazines from MEC-GAR their brand for my CZ75B-SA but they will only go in about 3/4 then they bind up. If I push hard they will go all the way but I then need to use a push dowel to push them out from the top. The two fac. mags that came with the gun work perfectly. The new mag pkg. is designated CZ75B. They are supposed to be 10 rounds calif. compliant but I think they may be 14 or 17 round mags. When I set them side by side with the fac. mags they appear slightly fatter. I dont have the capability to measure them accurately. Any suggestions? I tried lubrication but no help. Thanks Ben. I contacted MEC-GAR but they have no solution. They say they should work.

Leo

Re: Magazine for cz75B-SA
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:38:12 PM »
Have you taken off the grips and slide to see where the mags could be making contact?

Offline k80clay

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:19:13 PM »
A $10 digital caliper from Harbor Freight will point you in the right direction.

Offline bengray3@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »
took your advice took grips off and found the new mag was binding on the mag release had something to do with the aftermarket rubber hogue grips, put the factory grips back on and everything now works, not sure why the mec-gar mags bound and the factory worked they looked the same except the mec-gar looked a little fatter. thanks for your input and happy new year

Leo

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »
I’m glad you were able to figure it out. Magazines can be funny sometimes. The slightest difference in dimension can make all the difference. Have a very happy new year!