Author Topic: Brno ZKK 600 6.5x55 rifle...  (Read 12387 times)

hagar61

Brno ZKK 600 6.5x55 rifle...
« on: February 15, 2014, 08:57:51 PM »
Hello folks. New to this forum and the world of Brno/CZ rifles. In the process of securing the rifle in the subject line at the moment. It is in an new order with a price tag to match which I am happy to pay for a rifle of this quality. Love all blued steel and wood rifles. Not a lot about them on the net and even the Brno advertising information did not include this calibre. After reading the section on Brno rifles in Wayne Zwoll's Bolt Action Rifles book, he quotes them as being one of the best hunting rifles in Europe with an improved Mauser 98 action. Others quote the quality of these rifles is comparable to others in the $5k plus range. As well as having iron sights, the plan is to match it with a Redfield Revolution 4-12x40 scope for both field and range shooting. Why this calibre...I have a matching numers Husqvarna M38 rifle in very good order and do not want to modify it at all. Any information on this rifle range would be great as my knowledge on them is very basic for now!

:smiley:

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: Brno ZKK 600 6.5x55 rifle...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »
hagar61

Made from 1964 (if I recall correctly) until the nineties. Construction and assembly/disassembly details in Bolt Action Rifles by Frank de Haas. ZKK rifles use the same replaceable foresights as the ZG47/CZ550 rifles which are available in various heights. Aftermarket foresights are also available from at least one European manufacturer. The rifle should come with a single stage trigger and a straight-blade single-set trigger. ZKK rifles came with a plainer stock (decorative schnabel and no cheekpiece) such as on my ZG47 and a triangular fore-end California-style stock with cheekpiece and whiteline spacers (and who knows what else, given that we are talking about the Brno brand?).

I have found Warne QD rings to be fully reliable vis-a-vis scope security and zero-maintenance when detached from and reattached to the rifle. If you rifle has the peep sight be careful not to lose the actual peep. The only good reasons for removing it are:

1. To remove water after soaking the rifle in a stream; and

2. To secure the clamping screw with a nut-locking compound.

Welcome to Brno/CZitis (a totally irretrievable situation) and have fun!
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Brno ZKK 600 6.5x55 rifle...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
Welcome to our forum!!! I see you have already gotten so info on your question. We are glad to have you here and hope to hear more from you. It would be great to get a range report when the rifle comes in.
Again, welcome to our forum!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad