Author Topic: 17 Round magazine for your Sarsilmaz K2-45  (Read 14063 times)

Offline .45 acp nut

17 Round magazine for your Sarsilmaz K2-45
« on: March 12, 2016, 09:40:07 PM »
Go to www.dawsonprecision.com  Look under 'Magazines/Parts; then Para HICap. Order the extended base pad for the PARA (black is part #005-004) also available in Silver. DON'T forget to order; Arredondo Extended Mag Spring For Para HiCap part #501-041. I used the original follower. It is a loose fit where the top of the spring contacts the follower, but it works very well once the mag is put back together. The first mag I was able to load 17 rounds and could almost get in #18. With 17 rounds there was enough space to insert the mag, and get it to seat properly, with the slide closed. It functioned flawlessly. I then tried the extension with the stock mag spring. The stock spring didn't have enough oomph to feed the second round, so I went back to the extended spring and shot mag #2 without any problems. Time constraints did not allow for any more testing, but this set-up has real promise for me. My doctor says no lifting for another month, so I will update this post when I am able.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:38:58 PM by chfields »

Offline K-Texas

• Howdy from the Heart of Texas!
Re: 17 Round magazine for your Sarsilmaz K2-45
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 06:10:04 PM »
Excellent info even if it is over 120 days old. The K2 is one of those pistols on my list to investigate. If you're still around .45 acp nut, how about a follow-up, please? :wink:

Offline .45 acp nut

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 12:39:04 AM »
 The magazine extension for the PARA P-14/SAR R works great with the Arredondo Extended Mag Spring For Para HiCap SKU: 501-041 . It feeds reliably, although I still can't stuff in the 18th round. Having 17 + 1 to begin a course of fire is a very good place to start. I still highly recommend this set-up for  those who desire the extra rounds. BTW:I have since recovered fully from the surgery that I had to my arm.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:42:31 AM by .45 acp nut »

Offline K-Texas

• Howdy from the Heart of Texas!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 10:08:48 AM »
The magazine extension for the PARA P-14/SAR R works great with the Arredondo Extended Mag Spring For Para HiCap SKU: 501-041 . It feeds reliably, although I still can't stuff in the 18th round. Having 17 + 1 to begin a course of fire is a very good place to start. I still highly recommend this set-up for  those who desire the extra rounds. BTW:I have since recovered fully from the surgery that I had to my arm.

Sounds great and thanks for the comeback! 17 rounds is still quite an upgrade even while the original 14 rounders are pretty darn good for a .45 ACP.

Glad to hear that you've recovered from your arm surgery! :wink: