Author Topic: Another new guy  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Meatloaf

Another new guy
« on: December 27, 2021, 01:54:00 PM »
Hello from Ohio.
I'm new to the forum and new to CZ. I just picked up a P-01. I've been looking at them for a year or so. Had a hard time narrowing it down but happy with my choice so far. This will be an EDC gun for me...my fourth. Hoping I got it right this time.
I'm looking forward to gleaning some useful tips from you folks. In fact, as soon as I hit 'Post' I'm looking for information on switching the mag release to the right side.
Thanks for having me. I'm happy to be here.

Offline spongemonkey

Re: Another new guy
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 06:23:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  Sorry but I can not help you on switching the mag release to the right side.  Some one on here should be of help though.

Offline Meatloaf

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 06:23:07 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, sponge.
I've made good progress demystifying my issue. The search feature on this site works good. I've already found a bunch of old threads here and, with a broader search, some on other forums.
In brief: The screw that holds the magazine spring in place is long enough on my gun that, when backing it out, it impacts the trigger bar. The only way to remove it, it appears, is to remove the trigger...a bit more effort than I was expecting. So far, I've found two posts describing the same issue but no easy solutions. If I'm going to remove the trigger, I may as well buy a new trigger kit...Darn ;-)

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 10:58:31 AM »
Welcome to our forum!! Check out this video...hope this helps
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Meatloaf

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 11:27:31 AM »
Hi ch and thanks for the welcome.
That's a good one. Here's another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVZyy_0b4Zw&t=48s
This one is worth watching just for the tourettes-like profanity toward the end.
Unfortunately, neither of these videos show the issue that I'm having. In order to remove the screw that both videos show being easy to take out, I need to remove the trigger bar...or at least file it a little to allow the screw to miss it. My best guess is that CZ uses screws of various lengths. If a lefty is lucky and gets a short screw, it comes out with no issues. The longer screw impacts the trigger bar before it is completely unthreaded.
Now, I could probably force it out but then the problem becomes getting it back in without cross threading my aluminum frame.
I really do appreciate all attempts at helping. Sooner or later, someone is going to post that needle-in-the-haystack that I'm hoping for.