Author Topic: Dan's Collection (Modified)  (Read 6407 times)

b5.5dan

Dan's Collection (Modified)
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:09:41 PM »
Well, I am trying to get all of my pics in order before school starts, and so I wanted to share what I have with you fine people!

I will likely have to edit this one and add to it from time to time, but here's a start...

And the Combat Masterpiece, even though it doesn't technically belong...

Huh... I guess that's it for now. More soon!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:51:15 PM by b5.5dan »

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Dan's Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »
Nice shots, very artsy. Oh, yeah, sweet guns. Lol! Hope to see more shots and guns soon!

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 02:39:05 PM »
Nice pics.

Why does the second photo say "Browning" ?

My 75B says "9mm Para." I guess these are older versions?

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
Thanks AVM! And th3 one that says Browning is a .380 or 9mm Browning or community Kurtz. Oh. Or 9mm short.  :laugh: Same thing

TexinMaine

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Don't forget 9mm corto for our Spanish speaking friends.

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »
I forgot the Corto. It's amazing all the talk you hear about the .380 being an obsolete round when from the sound of things it's nearly as widespread as the 9mm parabellum...

TexinMaine

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 05:05:53 PM »
It is really popular in South America and countries were citizens are not allowed to own the same caliber's as the military. Never really understood that. Plus it is gaining popularity here as well with the release of the LCP and Bodyguard. And now Taurus even has a .380 acp revolver!

Tex

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 05:14:21 PM »
         Sorry but isn't the 9 x 18 mm the Browning short originally? It certainly is bigger than a .380 but not as big as a 9mm. Or am I totally having a Senior Moment? Granted they are better known as a Makarov round but I have allways heard it also referred to as a Browning short?

Oh and I really like the pics very nice, and I may well buy an 83 if I can pry myself away from the 82 Makarovs.

And it's going to be a long wait until Feb I can tell you that for sure.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 05:19:42 PM »
As far as I can tell, the 9x18 (the Mak) is different that the 9mm Short, Corto, or Browning, which is the 9x17. There sure are a lot of 9mm carts out there! haha! We need a Sesame Street episode on the subject!

TexinMaine

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »
Mmmmm, not that I am aware of GW, the .380 Browning has always been 9x17. It can be a bit confusing since it has about a dozen other names it is known by.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »
         OK thanks guys another confusing, to me anyway, mystery cleared up. I have so read much about both, and I keep seeing names used so interchangeably that I truthfully thought the 9 x 18 was the Browning short. I am really glad I asked that question, and now I know why I have been tasting shoe leather from time to time. I had no idea I was happily putting my foot square in my mouth on a regular basis.  :sad:

So, there ya go, as I keep saying the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, and you are never to old to learn something new. Then again in my case actually remembering what I just learned is the tricky part. :laugh:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »
Here's a new pic of the 75 and the Enfield. Came out well, I think...