Author Topic: Rami  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Dan-O

Rami
« on: May 21, 2016, 08:09:17 AM »

Just got one of my pre Billary panic buy guns.  A CZ Rami with a manual safety.  Not a fan of de-cockers.  Anyways, also had a used Theis holster delivered today for a Glock 26.  For giggles I slid the Rami in the holster.  Fits pretty damn good.  Have been waiting on this gun for a while so I ordered a CGW Short Reset system.  Installed it and made quite a bit of difference.  Although, the out of the box trigger on the Rami was way better than it was on my 97b.  Wonder if the smaller gun allows more leverage, which makes the stock trigger feel nicer.

Offline Dan-O

Re: Rami
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:10:01 AM »
Forgot to ask, when did the front cocking serrations disappear on the Rami?

Offline ttnc

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:18:17 AM »
Very nice looking cz. Think I would trade my 75bd for one of those.

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
Re. "Although, the out of the box trigger on the Rami was way better than it was on my 97b.  Wonder if the smaller gun allows more leverage, which makes the stock trigger feel nicer."

I've recently acquired both a RAMI and a 97, and the 97 had the clearly nicer trigger of the two but its pull force was just a bit higher. The leverage is the same, the triggers being interchangeable (and both benefitting ergonomically from upgrading to the CGW OEM "Thick" Trigger), but the 97 main spring is, I think, stiffer.

I've done trigger jobs to both and they both drop jaws whenever first experienced -a tiny bit of Anti-Sieze dope on the SA tooth of the hammer makes a clearly feelable difference as well...

http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4798.msg20513#msg20513
http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5057.msg21330#msg21330

Update: Here are the after-trigger-jobs pull values for comparison b/t my RAMI BD and my 97 BD, taken from trigger tips for more consistency of lever "radius" (than the continuously variable radius obtained by a nylon roller in the mid-trigger concavity): they both got CGW Short Reset Kit main springs, Reduced Power Trigger Return Springs, and in the case of the RAMI, CGW's Firing Pin Block spring.  The RAMI values are also "advantaged" by a main spring strut shoulder relocation (~1.5mm) as discussed in the first link above, a tweak which has since been proven plenty conservative by total absence of FTFs.
RAMI DA:4.7 lb.; SA: 2.4 lb.   (these compare to mid-trigger readings DA: 6.5 lb.; SA: 3.25 lb.)
97BD DA: 5.4 lb.; SA: 2.5 lb.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:27:33 AM by PappaWheelie »
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 11:18:16 AM »
Hi Dan-O:

Whose holster is that?  Model?

Does the leather support (by being fully behind) the beavertail?

Offline Kolholznik

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »
9mm Rami is high on my must-have list.  But then so is an SP-01 Shadow Target II and a 97B. 
CZ 75B Matte Stainless, (2) CZ P-01's, CZ 75D PCR, CZ 455 American Synthetic, Colt 6721 HBAR, Remington 700 LR .300 WM, Sig 1911 TTT, Sig P220 Elite

Offline Kolholznik

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 09:38:26 PM »

Told ya it was high on my list!  I put this one on a 30-day layaway with 50% down this afternoon when I saw it was a 9mm and had the thumb safety.  I've been seeing a lot of .40's and de-cocker models but fewer 9mm's and even fewer with a thumb safety in 9mm.  Some owners say they don't feel that much difference in the trigger-pull between the B and the BD but, I can definitely feel it when I shoot my 75B and then pick-up my P-01.  The 75B's trigger has a cleaner break and feels less gritty.

While I've been panic-buying pretty much since 1981, the Rami is one of been wanting to add to my CZ collection since it's another CZ 75 derivative.  Hopefully, I can save a few bucks between now and November for that Shadow Target II that's next on my list.
CZ 75B Matte Stainless, (2) CZ P-01's, CZ 75D PCR, CZ 455 American Synthetic, Colt 6721 HBAR, Remington 700 LR .300 WM, Sig 1911 TTT, Sig P220 Elite

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 08:30:20 PM »
Some owners say they don't feel that much difference in the trigger-pull between the B and the BD but, I can definitely feel it when I shoot my 75B and then pick-up my P-01.  The 75B's trigger has a cleaner break and feels less gritty.

Hi Kolholznik,
Read the 5th paragraph from the end in this post:
http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5057.0
What you're feeling is no doubt the difference in smoothness (vs. broachmarks from worn tooling) of your hammer's SA tooth (or "hook" as I've seen it called). Here's a trigger job post with guidance for smoothing this sear-engaging surface without altering its geometry(3rd paragraph of 2nd post):
http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4798.msg20513#msg20513
-and here's a pic of the significant, feelably rough broachmark in my RAMI's SA tooth:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RpSG1Zh1uFSgqXtl_0cGumj2R7NErc__