Author Topic: USNavy Vet  (Read 8884 times)

river rat

Re: USNavy Vet
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 06:57:12 PM »
      Hey river rat

Welcome to our forum! it's great to have another member and a Patriot Guard and new CZ owner here with us. I live in Orlando about 30 min.’s from chfields and we shoot together on a regular basis, Well when I'm up and around but I keep saying that will be more often and I guess I need to just quit feeling sorry and get off my butt.

Anyway other than just saying high and Welcome I would like to extend a offer for you to go with chfields and myself to the range (sometimes indoor sometimes outdoors) I also have a couple or so CZ's that you may not have been introduced to or even know about, I all most always bring at least 3 CZ's with me and enough mags to make it a day. You are way more than welcome to join us and use the pistols. And as a side note, chfields and I are trying to get a Horney reloading press to work correctly (Our fault, not it's) so we can reload and save money we hope. You are welcome to join us in that also.

Oh ya, nearly forgot both my brothers (one older, one younger) were both in the Navy and did their 20. My older brother at one time drove the Ski Boat's for a time up and down the fun filled tourist attraction Mekong Delta, and my younger brother did everything up to an including being the "Captain" of a Swift Boat. Thank you he missed hat Charley Fox Trot Westmorland got us into, but he still saw action in other places for other reasons. I can Not say how Proud of them both, and Honored to be related to them.

Thanks for your Service to our Country and for standing in harm’s way enough though no one but a Patriot will thank you for it.

We also have our own "Wall of Honor" here and it is NOT a "look at me and who I know" board. It's there/here for the sole purpose that folks can list the people in their lives or family members that have stood in Harm's way no matter their occupation, or service. So that no one forgets especially if that person no longer has family to remember his or her sacrifice. So please feel free if you wish to log to it, not only for you but for your pals and family.

Thanks for the welcome, spend alot of time in the hunt came this time of year. Have bird dog hunting grounds 30 min. w. of Ocala.  Jim
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:33:56 PM by GhostWarrior »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »
It's an open invitation. Have fun.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bre346

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:12 AM »
Welcome sailor!
I'll bet those are a pair of fine guns you'll be getting. Can't hardly go wrong with a CZ.
Mine is the CZ P07, the poly one, and it's a a dream. Somebody, I say Somebody, is wartin' me to sell it to him. I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin'.

I did my Navy service during WWII and Korea, out  in the western Pacific around Iwo and Okinawa. Two battle stars there. Then on an LST around Korea. Two more battle stars. Not much fun in either.

Glad you're home and safe. I wish the same for your brothers.

Ancient Airman

river rat

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
Hello, Thanks for the welcome & your time in the Navy.  Dad in law was tin can sailor in the Pacific also shelling Iwo. My dad was 30 years Army spent WW2 in France & N. Africa Never said much about the war but did not want me to go to V.N. in the Army or USMC..  Jim