Author Topic: Memorial Day 2013  (Read 20553 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Memorial Day 2013
« on: May 22, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
          As I sit here trying to think of what to say, and then write about, it's raining off and on hard then light, and it brings back memories of times past. Especially since a helo, chopper, slick, bird, helicopter, (pick one or use your own term) just went by a tad lower than it legally should be in a residential area. But I digress, big surprise, so here I am glass of Single Malt and a cigar in hand, reminiscing. "So? and your point being?" you ask? well this is it. I and anyone else that wants to can do the same, not just today but any given day, but those that gave their lives standing in harm's way, will never get to do something like that ever again. Makes you stop and think, "there but for the Grace of my Deity go I" second statement is more a question, and that's "Why me and not them?" Well I think the answer is that the "Why?" is so that I, and in some form We, can type things like this, to remember all those that have fallen in combat, in Rescues, Fighting Fires and saving lives, in protecting or trying to save innocents in the line of fire in a shooting. We always think about our Military on Memorial day, and we should, oh yes, we so very much should. But we should also keep in mind all the others that aren't/weren't in the Military, but still risk their lives trying to save someone or thing. Police, Fire, First Responders, EMT's. Emergency Response persons, for that matter now we should add all the Teachers that have died trying to save and or protecting their students. (Actually, all in all a very many of those other people I just mentioned are or were in the Military)

We are a Nation divided into so many camps and factions that we have all seem to have forgotten just what all these people died for. They died so that others may live, in freedom, to strive to do things better, for a better life, to make a better Country for us all to live in. And they deserve to be remembered in anyway that we can think of, so their memories, their sacrifices, will live on in each or us or in some way, long after we have passed. This Memorial day, if you see a Military person, or a Police Officer, or a Firefighter or any one of the many Emergency Response people, go over to them and say "Thanks for all you do" And especially when you someone wearing a cap or hat or cover that proclaims them Veterans make a point of saying "Thank you for what you did for us".
         Never forget what all these persons I have mentioned have done, pass your knowledge on, take a moment to show your kids why they have what they do today. Just do whatever you can to keep the light of our freedom and their sacrifices burning bright cause it's burning a little low these days. If we stop caring them those that come after us and our children's, children will never know what to be free actually means. 

If "We the People" forget our hero's and our hero's families, then "We the People" will cease to exist and this Country OUR Country will become just another country, (the lower case "c" is intended) with no hope and few freedoms. Say Thank You with a clear and loud voice! Say "I will NOT forget, and I will not let my Children forget!" And say a prayer or wish or hope for those that have given us this Right.

Live Free or Die and NEVER forget those that went before because they of all people lived by the words "molon labe", (μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé) and should be honored everyday and not just Memorial day in particular.
CZForum

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline PJM

Re: Memorial Day 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:59:44 PM »
Here, here!  Well said. Thank you.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »
I agree.

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
I think that says it all!!! Thanks to all who serve!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »

As I sit here trying to think of what to say, and then write about, it's raining off and on hard then light, and it brings back memories of times past. Especially since a helo, chopper, slick, bird, helicopter, (pick one or use your own term) just went by a tad lower than it legally should be in a residential area. But I digress, big surprise, so here I am glass of Single Malt and a cigar in hand, reminiscing. "So? and your point being?" you ask? well this is it. I and anyone else that wants to can do the same, not just today but any given day, but those that gave their lives standing in harm's way, will never get to do something like that ever again. Makes you stop and think, "there but for the Grace of my Deity go I" second statement is more a question, and that's "Why me and not them?" Well I think the answer is that the "Why?" is so that I, and in some form We, can type things like this, to remember all those that have fallen in combat, in Rescues, Fighting Fires and saving lives, in protecting or trying to save innocents in the line of fire in a shooting. We always think about our Military on Memorial day, and we should, oh yes, we so very much should. But we should also keep in mind all the others that aren't/weren't in the Military, but still risk their lives trying to save someone or thing. Police, Fire, First Responders, EMT's. Emergency Response persons, for that matter now we should add all the Teachers that have died trying to save and or protecting their students. (Actually, all in all a very many of those other people I just mentioned are or were in the Military)

We are a Nation divided into so many camps and factions that we have all seem to have forgotten just what all these people died for. They died so that others may live, in freedom, to strive to do things better, for a better life, to make a better Country for us all to live in. And they deserve to be remembered in anyway that we can think of, so their memories, their sacrifices, will live on in each or us or in some way, long after we have passed. This Memorial day, if you see a Military person, or a Police Officer, or a Firefighter or any one of the many Emergency Response people, go over to them and say "Thanks for all you do" And especially when you someone wearing a cap or hat or cover that proclaims them Veterans make a point of saying "Thank you for what you did for us".
         Never forget what all these persons I have mentioned have done, pass your knowledge on, take a moment to show your kids why they have what they do today. Just do whatever you can to keep the light of our freedom and their sacrifices burning bright cause it's burning a little low these days. If we stop caring them those that come after us and our children's, children will never know what to be free actually means. 

If "We the People" forget our hero's and our hero's families, then "We the People" will cease to exist and this Country OUR Country will become just another country, (the lower case "c" is intended) with no hope and few freedoms. Say Thank You with a clear and loud voice! Say "I will NOT forget, and I will not let my Children forget!" And say a prayer or wish or hope for those that have given us this Right.

Live Free or Die and NEVER forget those that went before because they of all people lived by the words "molon labe", (μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé) and should be honored everyday and not just Memorial day in particular.
CZForum
Ask not what your country can do for you-ask what you can do for your country. / Pres. John F. Kennedy,1961

big difference today !