Firearms and Gear > Gear and Accessories

ADVICE PLEASE - CC holster for my new RAMI BD

(1/4) > >>

CZTactiC00l:
I have a RAMI BD on the way and will be needing a good concealed carry holster for it. Any advice would be appreciated.

GhostWarrior:
     I have 2 holsters that will fit RAMI or at least the RAMI 2075 P one anyway, one is from Hazel Leather.com it's an ISW model that I like. And there is another holster that I have the is a OWB but the only thing I can identify ir with is the letters WT embossed on the holster. The logo resembles a Ranch Brand since the WT are inside an oval. I Think there is something else written inside the top and bottom of the oval, but if there is I sure can't read it. Possibly some else knows what I am describing. Since I get/got most of my pistols online and some of them came with holsters I can't say where I got that particular holster. It works fine, fits the RAMI just fine. I do like them both and I would also suggest you look at Eric’s work at HBE. He does some superior work and he made the Gator hide rigs I posted. Along with the Shark Skin holster and mag pouch I asked him to make for my CZ 82.

So there you go 2.5 choices more or less and I figure one or two other of our members may have some idea and suggestions also.

And I owe an Opps, sorry to Taurisholsters, They have also done som fine work for me. These are all great Leather Companies, and if you are loking for something in Cordera material or Kydex there are also very good Nfgs in those areas as well.

CZTactiC00l:
I'm right-handed but would like to try an inside the belt conceal holster that sits at the small of my back...so I'm guessing I'd actually need an left-handed holster.  Right?  :)

GhostWarrior:
     Possibly, I am guessing, but I think it would be a matter of How you wanted the pistol positioned, Grip up or grip down. Also part and parcel is do you want the holster to fit the belt horizontaly or in a more or less vertical position? The keep in mind 2 things about a small of the back holster:
     1) When you bend over it may actually be seen, at the least the outline of it will be seen through whatever you are using to conceal it with up to and including something heavy like a Navy Pea Coat btw(WHO thought up that name for them and why?) or even an extreme temp coat. The outline is not easy to hide once tension (Like leaning over) is applied to the material.
     2) It has been said that having a weapon in the small of you back is a bad idea based on what if you fall backwards on a hard surface for whatever reasons. The likely hood of you really messing up your back is increased because on the weapon and holster creating a ridge under your spine. Basically and edge to break it on/with, plus you get to have it digging into your back whenever you are sitting down especially when driving or in a restraint with upscale straight back chairs. Those are real comfy when you have to sit in them for long, Yea NOT!  ::)
     I hope this helps you decide, and for the record I have a left-handed holster I use on those occasions when all I have to do is wear a jacket/coat of some sort and stand around. Like parties, or I can sit with my back towards the wall and nothing/behind me. A;though sometimes folks look at you funny when you are sitting up straight All the time.  ;D

MLU:
I picked up a DeSantis "Cozy Partner" IWB.  It's molded for a Glock 26/27/33 but fits the RAMI perfect.
Great quality for under $60.  Let us know what you pick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version