Archived material > Get Well Wishes

New knowledge

(1/3) > >>

bre346:
I learned me somethin' yesterday. I cain't do that no mo.

I responded to a call for volunteers to help search for an alzheimer patient. My squad was assigned three acres of high grass and brush. after ten minutes of lifting my feet over grass and hidden logs and falling again and again, I had to be helped up and out of the place. Someone brought me back to my car where I sat a while before creeping home and collapsing in the recliner. I had been no help at all. Well, shoot, I guess all good things have to come to an end.

b5.5dan:
You helped by going out! Seriously, with your experience you should be delegating. That's what it's all about!

Rodolfo Fierro:
Somebody should stay behind just in case the missing person shows up to see what all of the excitement is about.  Pace yourself.

b5.5dan:

--- Quote from: Rodolfo Fierro on April 15, 2012, 03:35:17 PM ---Somebody should stay behind just in case the missing person shows up to see what all of the excitement is about.  Pace yourself.

--- End quote ---
This is good advice. Secure the base of operations and send those with less value as irreplaceable information sources out into the brush. They can play in the grass anytime, but you are vital to the mission!

It reminds me of a joke. A young bull and an older, wiser bull are standing atop a grassy knoll looking down at a field full of cows. The younger bull says "Hey! Let's run down there and"... Well, this is a family-friendly forum...  :grin:

bre346:
Yeah, thanks.
I have had some training as an Incident Commander, but they already had a loose organization that was working. I'd have been more formal about planning. They  had already been searching for 30 hours.
I heard the lady was found this morning in a drain area near the railroad. People in a helicopter saw her dog and followed that to her. She's alive and safe again. And it has been raining since.
Now that I've had a pat on the back I may go again, but I will be more selective about what I do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version