Archived material > Bragging rights, Help with how to teach the kids gun safety, and shooting.

Went out with my Son

(1/3) > >>

CZ04FT:
I went out with my son today. He fired his new Kimber 45 ACP for the first time today. At 7 yds the kid (34 y.o., the baby) was right on. He didn't like my .380. Felt it recoiled more than his Kimber heavy weight. He shot his S&W model 64 38 Spl wheel gun for the first time in a long while.

He didn't even want to try my Kadet .22 LR. He thinks it is too much of a toy. The trigger on my CZ 75 B 9 mm frame is getting real nice with all the rounds going through the Kadet slide. Shot up some 9 mm as well. He liked that.

We torn a lot of holes in paper. Probably should have saved some of the used targets. We didn't, so all I can do is brag.

GhostWarrior:
         Remind him that .22's are used or I suppose I should say "Used" by pretty much all the Special Ops people at one point or another since WWI and that Ruger makes a version of their .22 Mark I's, II', and III's with an intergal suppressed barrel just for that reason. Not to mention one or 2 groups that shall remain nameless but really like black suites. :rolleyes:

Also there are more than a couple bodies buried in various deserts that got that way from the same said lowly .22 :cool:

b5.5dan:
Haha! Yeah... I don't always enjoy shooting .22 as much as others, but it's no joke. By the way, I'd love to get a suppressed MkII. Someday...

GhostWarrior:
           Pretty easy to do, A) have a irrevocable trust set up, Find a really friendly lawyer could get above $200.00, B) then buy the pistol, then fill out paperwork add a check for 200.00, C) Send it (the paper work and check made out to BATFE (Do not forget the E at the end, they get snarky when you do.) off to the BATFE and sit back and wait about 6 months (if they are really trying to get the backlog caught up). Then when they send it to your LGS you can pop over and pick it up. There is a rumour, and I stress rumour, that the folks in whotterville, are seriously thinking of bagging that sys and simply doing instant checks and sending them out with in a week or so, I will believe that when I see it. Supposedly by the end of this year (2012).

And since we are on the subject of our very dear friends you can buy a full auto, but NOT take it home. (Unless you happen to have a Class 3 FFL.) It has to stay in the shop and you have to go there to use it? The other parts about the trust and stamp still apply.

b5.5dan:
I live in Utah! I can have a many full auto in my home as i can afford!  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version