Author Topic: Hello from MD, the "Free State" (he says sarcastically)  (Read 1866 times)

sbmike

Hello from MD, the "Free State" (he says sarcastically)
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »
Hello:

Saw your forum, looked around and decided to join.  I recently applied for a C&R and when (if?) it ever arrives, I plan on looking for a CZ-82 to add to my modest firearm collection.  A friend of mine has one and I really liked what I saw of it.  He let me shoot it at the range and that just added to my itch to buy one when I could find one in decent shape.  I look forward to learning from you who have been around for a while and participating in discussions where I might add to them.

TexinMaine

Re: Hello from MD, the "Free State" (he says sarcastically)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Welcome aboard Mike. Good luck with that C&R. I had one myself for a time and developed a horrible disease call cosmolitis. I now have a collection of a little over 50 firearms. My renewal came up during a difficult time in my life, the big D, and I just didn't bother with it. But now things have gotten back to normal I find myself thinking about it often. The CZ-82 is a great firearm and I regret trading mine off, I believe it was for a French MAS-36, another side affect of the cosmolitis. By the way Cosmoline is a preservative used in most military surplus firearms. It is sorta like axle grease and the cause of cosmolitis, once you get it on you, you develop a craving for more. Best of luck.

Tex

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »
Welcome to CZ Forum! This is a great place built up around an awesome set of firearms!
I don't have an 82, but I have an 83 and they're pretty close. They are sweet shooters. Mine was the first pistol I ever owned and I love to take it to the range. However, it did start my addiction to CZ firearms, and I spend a decent amount of money chasing them down.  :cheesy:

We hope you enjoy your stay here. There's a great group of guys who are fun to chat with and very knowledgeable!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »
      cosmolitis, thants funny  TexinMaine, I like it hope you don't mind if I steal it? And , my collection is allmost totally CZ's and W/W 12 Pumps, and a couple of long guns. But nothing like yours.
       As for the 82, I love the things, best pocket pistol ever made, and is a very good backup for my CZ 52. That way I'm covered either way if they need a lot of killing or just a little killing:tongue:
       oh ummm did I just say that last bit out loud? opppps, well ummm just ignor that last bit, I was kidding, just kidding. Thats my story and I'm sticking with it. :cool:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:13:42 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice