Author Topic: April 24, 2013  (Read 21257 times)

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
April 24, 2013
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »
On this date President Obama signed an executive order that prohibits the importation of firearms, magazines or ammunition into the United States.  I could not find if parts for repairs will be allowed. 
For one thing police will not be able to get magazines for their Glocks or new Glocks for that matter.  Is this supposed to help crime? 
The black market will easily hit $100 for a high capacity magazine.
Ammo will remain scarce for the rest of the year. 

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: April 24, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 08:07:27 AM »
John Kerry signed the Arms Trade Treaty yesterday.  If the senate does not vote on it Obama will just start implementing the treaty.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »
I don't think he can do anything until they ratify it...if they don't ratify, it is just another useless piece of paper. He will probably just executive order as much as he can anyways.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »
Anytime the senate wants to vote yes on this treaty it will be accepted.  Do not forget that this thing is there lurking. 

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »
I don't think that is going to fly with the people tho....very dangerous ground they are treading on.......
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 12:11:35 AM »
             Actually, not that I personally care if Glocks can't be imported, yes they are very nice and great firearms, but I will still take my CZ over a Glock in a New York Second. but that means no CZ's will be coming in also, along with parts and accessories. That is a Major problem, and a severe hit to CZ just when it was beginning to be recognized as the out standing weapons they are.

Tack on Walthers, H & K's, small arms and long guns, UZI's/IMI, both small arms and long guns. Russian SKS and assorted other AK variations, and so on.

Now tack on, GEGO, some FIOCCHI, and that's a maybe since some or all (the fine print was way to small to read all  of it, of the primer less casings and wadding are made over seas and assembled here, but that's still parts so who knows? Wolf, and Bear, which are Russian. I believe both the Lapua and Aguila ammo is made outside the US.

Throw in just about every high quality sport shooting and hunting shot Guns, and long guns, and the ammo and parts for those and we are not going to have much in the way of shooting options.

Unless everything that is coming in as of the time the executive order was signed is grand fathered in?

If anyone thinks that ammo is in short supply now, wait till the stocks that are already here dwindle away, I wouldn't be surprised if ammo became a major source of barter amongst shooters of all kinds.

Oh ya and has anyone thought about the fact that any and all world championship shooting events that are held here will have to be cancelled because the offshore competitors won't be allowed to bring in their firearms. That should impact a lot of cites and business's that rely on the money from those events to get by.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice