Author Topic: Help My Lady Friend!  (Read 4841 times)

tacticaltoofick

Help My Lady Friend!
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:19:03 AM »
Hello everyone! I just got my first CZ two weeks ago and I already love the thing. I got a CZ75B chambered in .40. My girlfriend shoots it as well as I do and now she wants one. She'd prefer something lighter and chambered in 9mm due to the fact that she can't rack the slide in the 75b.
I know nothing about CZ's, so, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
-Jason

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: Help My Lady Friend!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »
Make sure she shoots a box of ammo thru a light weight gun before she buys one.  I love my 75 B (9mm) because I can shoot it all day long.  I can shoot one or two magazines from a light weight gun and then I just miss a lot.  If you like shooting at the range, buy a heavy gun !

tacticaltoofick

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »
Very true.
For right now it'd be primarily a range gun w/ the intention of carrying it one day.

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:01 PM »
For years I was racking the slide the wrong way. Never new any better. I got a Browning Hi-Power with a spring that could push a bulldozer back and was having trouble racking the slide.

First thing I learned was cock the hammer. That sure helped.
Then a friend showed me how to hold the pistol and the slide and push the pistol away from me instead of trying to pull the slide towards me. Made all the difference.

My wife shoots a revolver because she doesn't like working the slide. I just got a .22 LR and I am going to work with her on that. It is a little Browning 1911-A1 22. Then I will get out the CZ 85B and see how she does.

I have an old (I bought it new but it is now old like me) S&W 659. It's slide is easier to rack than the Hi-Power and gives a little better purchase than the CZ.

But for me, it was technique that made the difference.

Good luck.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
Get her a P-01 and put a 10lb recoil spring in it.
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p01/
They even have a pink mother of pearl type hammer if she likes that kind of thing.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »
Hammer should have been handle.

CZ04FT

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »
SirGilligan,

Great advise on racking the slide! My arthritis is getting worse, so any advise to make it easier on my hands is helpful. I can shoot any 1911 style 45 only a few times before the recoil begins to get to me. I'm always on the look out for any way to soften the perceived recoil.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:42:09 AM by CZ04FT »

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »
The DPM recoil reduction system works.  I have one on my 75 BD and love it.  I estimate that there is a 20% reduction in recoil.
http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=93&products_id=976

CZ04FT

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:04:54 PM »
It is worth something to have your recommendation. I trust your assessment, rather than depend on the manufacturers/sellers description and claims. Now I just have to count my pennies, and see if I can still pay the credit card bill this month.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »
I just added that link to the Accs Board, Thanks for posting the information.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice