Author Topic: P07 Magazines  (Read 9749 times)

CZP07TX

P07 Magazines
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:51:40 PM »
Will any other 75 model magazine work in the P07?

b5.5dan

Re: P07 Magazines
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 01:14:39 AM »
I'm not sure but welcome to CZ Forum! Someone who knows more than I do will chime in shortly.
Glad to have you!

CZP07TX

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »
Thanks,  I appreciate it.  This is my first CZ.  Although I've read about them, I'd never had one.  I've owned several Glocks, but am all "Glocked" out right now.  I really enjoy my Kimber, but 45 has become costly to shoot as much as I like.  I started looking at 9mm and rented the P07 at a great gunshop in Weatherford TX (Lonestar).  New I had to have one.  Picked mine up at the last Fort Worth gun show for $419.00.  It has been great, I've put 200 rounds through it in 2 weeks.  I need more mags for it, but am not looking forward to $40/mag.

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
Yeah. The cost of our mags is brutal, but I suppose they are good mags. I would imagine other 75 mags will work. The mag from my 75B fits and locks into my RAMI P. I don't know if it would fire, because one is 9mm and one is .40 S&W. Still, as I said, it fits and locks.

If you look in the mag section of this forum there are links to mag companies and, I think, some people's experiences with them.

Good luck!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 02:41:57 PM »
              Welcome to the CZForum! We are happy to have you join with us in learning about CZ's passing on what we know to others, and in general talking about CZ's and how too's. We try to embrace the entire spectrum of shooting CZ's, Civilian, Police, Competitive/Sport, Safety, Laws and Legislation

Anyway, on to your question: I do not own a P-07 but I really don't think that should be a problem using any other CZ 9MM Magazine with your new weapon. I would try starting with Compact Magazines and working your way to the longer Mags, but if they seat properly and lock in place and the Mag release works without a glitch of any kind, then you should be fine. Just don't try a (mm CZ Sport Tactical Mag! I can state without fear of contradiction that those will NOT even vaguely fit in anything NOT a Sport Tactical of has the same size Mag well.
            Actually, as b5.5dan[/u][/i][/b] mentioned, I have about 9 different models of the 9mm CZ's, from a compact up to a full sized CZ 75, and all my mags work in any other CZ 9mm I have. HOWEVER!!! Mer-Cor Mags will fit in my cz75 B anything but WILL NOT FIT IN MY CZ 75 A (or preban) If you try to use a Mer-Cor in one of those it will jam about halfway in and if you are lucky you can get it back out, with out having to take the Slide off and tap it out with a hammer and a Stick/Dowel.
[/font][/size]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:49:48 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Tzp07

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:14:25 PM »
Other 75 mags will not work with the P07. however when the P08 comes out soon they will fit in the P07 allthough not a flush fit .

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »
       Wow! Thanks for that post! Tzp07 As I said I don't own one so I was guessing but I did in fact think I was guessing accurately since I have a Compact, Shadows, 75's, 75'B, and a couple others and all the mags are interchangeable. For that matter I have a Cut down Shadow frame with a Duty Slide on top and any and all my mags fit that. I wonder what the difference is between my Hybrid and the actual P07?

OK Now I have to get this pistol just to see what else I don't know about it.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZP07TX

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
Thanks,  I'll check out the Mag section of the forum and do my own looking at the gunshows.  I'll report back if I find anything.  Coming out with a P08?  Interesting....

Tzp07

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 02:56:23 PM »
This is according to CZ re: the mags, the difference I think is in the thickness of the mag from what i have read... I have never tried another cz mag  in the P07.
RE: The P08 it will look just like the P07 but longer Barrel(20mm) and grip. The Polymer has also been changed to a stronger fiber-reinforced formula and added thickness at the trigger guard. the new P07 will share the new polymer and trigger guard as well. I found some pics a while back and it looked good.

b5.5dan

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
I can't wait to see it. I really like the P-07 (and therefore probably the P-08), but the one that has really become the apple of my eye is the 97B. I would buy one this month, but the wife would have my head (to begin with) if I picked it up.

Tzp07

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
I hear you, the wife will only buy the old "what this gun?...Oh I've had this forever" for so long.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »
    I just spoke to CZ-USA today and asked about the P-07 Duty Magazine issue. And the answer is that, No you need to buy Magazines made especially for the P-07 Duty. Other mags will fit and apparently cycle but they are more than likely to fall out, during use. This in my opinion would be a Bad Thing, and to be avoided. Apparently the mag was designed to be a tad wider than normal so it could carry 2 extra rounds. And before anyone asks I also inquired about using Tactical Sports mags in the P-07 Duty since they are also a tad wider than normal and was informed that NO they would not fit. Or if you could get them to fit they would not work properly. Again I think this would be a Bad Idea.

I also ordered both a Duty and a Tactical Sports pistols, and when they arrive I will post pictures, and see for my self. Not that I doubt anything CZ-USA tells me, but it does give me reason to have to more models to mold and cast (if I ever figure out how to do it with out having to use dental picks to clean the mold material out of all the places it can get into). I am determined to have casts of as many CZ models as I can so that Holster makers and Grip makers will not be able to say they don't have that model and can't make a custom holster or grip of the CZ in question.

Tzp07

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 10:12:45 PM »
for the molds check out blueguns.com I know they hay a duty and a few oter models

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
Thank you for reminding me, CZ-USA mentioned them yesterday and untill you just reminded me I forgot to look them up. Thanks again.

bre346

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
Mags don't fit? What bugs me is that the fat 07 mags don't fit my Adco loader. I'm gonna have to find something to help cram ammo in or work on getting strong enough to put more than a few shells in.  Gee!