Author Topic: Why Is The Bolt Action So STIFF  (Read 3755 times)

Offline schooner

Why Is The Bolt Action So STIFF
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:53:22 AM »

Hi Guys :wink:

Just got my new 452 CZ a couple of weeks ago {What A Great Rifle }
However, my bolt action is very stiff
Example: After I pull back on the bolt to eject my .22 shell, I then as you all know
how it works. I then push the bolt forward to put another .22 shell into the camber.
No problem so far.

However, when I come down with the bolt to lock in the shell into the camber there's
were the it get hard to push down on the bolt to lock in the shell.
I mean I have to really push it DOWN !

I realize the rifle is new and there's a breaking in period but WOW! its ruff.
Any ideas how to relieve this situations ?
P.S. I tries oil in and around the bolt and still same problem HELP GUYS :grin: 
schooner :-]
GOD bless you ALL

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Why Is The Bolt Action So STIFF
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »
Remove the bolt and use Flitz metal polish on the locking end of the bolt. Clean off and reinsert. Could be a burr or something. And yes, it is new. Aside from that, work the bolt a lot and it will loosen up a bit.

Offline schooner

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 09:36:17 PM »
Thank 4 your advise, how do I apply this paste?
What a the procedure?
Thanks again.
GOD bless you ALL

Offline jkingrph

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 07:58:52 AM »
I have never seen or handled a 452, but I would apply a small amount to the back of locking lugs(if any) or entire bolt, insert into gun and spend an evening cycling the action.  Then remove action and barrel from stock and wash the action good to remove all traces of the Flitz  which is a very fine abrasive or polish.  Make sure you have none in the trigger assembly,  Then relubricate everything , reassemble and try it out.

Offline schooner

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 10:54:32 AM »

Hey Guy

THANKS 4 YOUR SUGGESTION - I WILL DO AS FOLLOWS.
Now to buy some Flizt.  :wink:
GOD bless you ALL

Offline frgood

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 11:35:13 PM »
On my 452, the bolt is firm and strong, but you should not have to muscle it. If this the case with yours. I consider the headspace may be a bit tight.

Chamber a round and lock the bolt (as you are currently doing), once locked. do not fire the round but remove it an inspect. There should be no impression on the round. If there is, then call CZ immediately as this would be a dangerous condition.

if there is no markngs on the round, I would call CZ as I believe this is a new 452. if it is a used model a gunsmith could confirm the spacing.

Out of the box the 452 is a smooth action and there is no breaking in when it comes to lock-up.