Author Topic: CZ 527 last round feeding issue.  (Read 3799 times)

osugrad1992

CZ 527 last round feeding issue.
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
I recently purchased a CZ527 in 7.62x39.  Love the gun...other than a couple issues.  The biggest issue I am having is that the bolt occasionally rides over the next round and almost alwasy slips over the last round in the magazine.  I was looking at the bolt, and it does not look well machined at the base of the bolt face where it would catch the rim of the cartridge.  I am thinking that this is letting the rounds slip under the bolt (sure what it looks like), especially as this caliber is really a rimless cartridge. 
Wondering if a couple other folks would mind looking at their bolt face and tell me if the bottom edge is rounded off or if it is machined cleanly and has a corner as you feel over the edge of the bolt face to the bottom side of the bolt (bottom if the bolt is open). 

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: CZ 527 last round feeding issue.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:10:04 PM »
osugrad

I suspect that the issue is with your magazine. I suggest the following steps:

1. Disassemble the bolt and then reassemble it without the striker assembly.
2. Clean the magazine thoroughly.
3. Verify that the follower is not binding.
4. Test ammo feeding.
5. If the problem remains, cycle the action slowly to determine whether the magazine needs a new follower spring or the magazine lips need to be slightly opened out.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

donchm

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »
osugrad1992, I'm encountering the same problem with the last round.  It has occurred with both Tula and American Eagle rounds.  Have you found a solution the last round problem?

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »
donchm

I suggest that you open up the magazine lips slightly. See the oldest thread on this page for a bit more detail.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.