Author Topic: CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:38:57 PM »
Happened to run by Oleg Volk's house the other day for a photo shoot. (For those of you who don't know Oleg, he's pretty big in the gun community, and does a lot of commercial photography for firearms manufacturers, including CZ-USA.)

Oleg had a 527 carbine that needed some work and I dropped buy with a few CZ items for him to photograph while I worked on the Carbine for him.

The 527 Carbine was very light, and maneuverable, and the sight picture was incredible. I could see myself easily picking off zombies at 100 yards with it. CZ guns are generally very simple(rifles especially), but the trigger mechanism on the 527 was exceedingly complicated.

The problem with this particular rifle was that the sear wasn't engaging the trigger mechanism after cycling the bolt. There are FOUR set screws that control the function of the trigger mechanism, and this particular model has a preset trigger so that you can push it forward and make the trigger pull about half of normal.

I had to adjust all FOUR set screws to get the thing to function correctly for it to function every time and for the preset to work properly as well. Took me about an hour to find the sweet spot and get everything locked back in with the teeny tiny nuts that go on the set screws.

I would like to thank Oleg for the opportunity to learn more about another CZ rifle, and CZ-USA for sending it to him. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one again so that I can actually fire it and see how it performs. Hopefully, CZ will make/makes a 10+ round magazine for it, or adapts it to take an AK mag. That would be awesome.

For those of you unfamiliar with Oleg, he is a recently added member of this forum, and you can see his work here:  (his blog and other works, just scroll down for more articles, and the archives are on the right.)

http://networkedblogs.com/NyR6Z

Offline Oleg Volk

Re: CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »
You are so very American -- you did me a great favor by driving an hour to fix my gun and then you thank you for the opportunity :-)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »
It wasn't an entirely unselfish act. :) I always relish the chance to handle new firearms and you always have more than a few running around. The more I can learn the better. Hopefully we'll get to go shooting soon and you can bring the carbine along. I'm very interested to see how it performs. Could make a decent deer rifle.