Author Topic: My Growing CZ Family  (Read 9482 times)

CZ04FT

My Growing CZ Family
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
I haven't been at it that long, but my CZ family is growing. I'm not ready to stop just yet, but living in California does limit my options. I can only buy handguns on the CA Dept. of Justice Approved handgun list. I'm limited to purchasing from a dealer only one handgun every 30 days. And I must wait 10 days for a background check for each handgun. I could get exempted from this last two limits if I got a certificate of eligibility at extra expense and more paperwork and finger printing. I do have a C&R license so that allows me to get handguns that the general public can't get here in CA.

Here is a photo of the entire family. Start at the 75B and work clockwise.

CZ Family 003 by fmtipps, on Flickr

My first CZ purchase. Bought online, sight unseen.

CZ Family 004 by fmtipps, on Flickr

My second CZ purchase was the Kadet Adapter .22LR and DenStinett's modified UpLULA loader.

CZ Family 005 by fmtipps, on Flickr

My third CZ purchase was the 75 BD Police. The LPA sights were purchased soon there after, and have only now been installed.

CZ Family 006 by fmtipps, on Flickr

My fourth CZ purchase was the 82 in 9x18mm Makarov.

CZ Family 007 by fmtipps, on Flickr

My fifth CZ purchase was the 52 in 9 mm. And a thumb extension on the Slide Stop. A very luck find.

CZ Family 008 by fmtipps, on Flickr

My sixth CZ purchase was the 7.62x25 mm Tokarev barrel for the CZ 52. It came with a roller cam and recoil spring.

CZ Family 009 by fmtipps, on Flickr

My seventh CZ purchase was the 50 in .32 ACP.

CZ Family 010 by fmtipps, on Flickr

Where I could I bought extra magazines for each of the purchases. I tried to have at least 3 of each caliber size if they weren't shared between calibers. For example, the same magazine works for the 9mm and 7.62x25mm rounds in the CZ 52.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:18:50 PM by CZ04FT »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: My Growing CZ Family
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »
            oh! really? oh wait you mentioned that earlier didn't you? Well I'm going to give it a shot, I just found a factory made matching part numbers CZ52 9mm and I am really looking forward to trying it out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:59:26 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZ04FT

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »
Did you buy the one from a dealer in Jacksonville, FL that was on GunBroker.com on July 14th? It is the last one I saw, and it lasted only one day. It looked like a good complete package with two barrels, 7.62x25mm and 9mm, wood grips and the original ones, 4 magazines, and a nice looking holster with cleaning rod.

With the 9mm rounds you might have to limit the number to 7 instead of 8 rounds in the magazines. I painted numbers on my replacement magazines so that I could tell if any of them were having problems with loading. I took off the lanyard hook so that I could reach the magazine release easier. I kept the hook, however.

Last night I painted the back edge of the front sight with white enamel model paint. I had trouble sighting up with the gray color. I hope this makes a difference and improves my aim.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »
       No, the one I found was on GunBroker I think, but from Vegas, Really nice looking pistol, and all the parts match number wise, except the mag.

I all so found a Model 27 with no import marks and no NAZI marks on it at all, actually 2 but one has import marks. I'm sort of thinking of taking one of each of the early CZ's DUO, 27, 50, 70, 52, and the 82. and having them completely cleaned, parts that need or should be upgraded, ungraded (IE the original firing pin on the 52, and I think a spring?) and then all of them refinished in the same color with close to matching sets of grips as I can find, and displaying them as a set.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZ04FT

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »
That would be awesome to have a set of the older versions with the same looking grips and refinishing! I just put mine together in the best condition I could acquire them. I've been thinking of getting some nice grips, but didn't really consider getting to be near matching.

My CZ 50 checked out this morning. I just have to find the time to go to the range with it. I might paint the front sight with the enamel white model paint I used on my CZ 52. It is hard to see the front sight on the CZ 50 in the dark color. It just doesn't stand out any.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »
           BTW I really do apologize for not say this earlier, and I really did try to when I posted earlier but I forgot which is really rude. But anyway I wanted the say just how much I like your collection. It's great and something to be proud of. Well done, looking forward to seeing what else you acquire in the future.

CZ04FT

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
Thanks, Ghost.

I'm not sure what is next, but I would like to get CZ 97B 45 ACP, CZ 83 in .380, and a couple more CZ 82's in 9x18 mm Makarov.

b5.5dan

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Fantastic collection!

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »
That's nice! Those Tokarev rounds have great accuracy at range. Just make sure you inspect any "spam can" surplus ammo you buy and make sure you don't have any cracked necks. A friend of mine learned about that the hard way.

b5.5dan

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »
I need to have someone inspect my 52. I literally can't hit the broad side of a barn with her. And I'm not a horrible shot. Something's wrong...
Also with the spam can, prepare to deal with a couple of hang fires now and then haha! Just keep the barrel pointed downrange lol

CZ04FT

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »
I found the front sight hard to find. The rear sight notch is very small, so I painted the front sight white with model enamel. That helped a little. I'm trying to shoot mostly with the 9mm barrel. Ammo is easier to find and I already have a supply.

Practice, practice, practice is the way to improve. And I'm very slow learning what 52 and I can do. Mine shoots low and left. But it is me and not the gun.

b5.5dan

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
Where did you find a barrel? That would be great!

CZ04FT

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
This was a private party transfer and the 9mm barrel came with the gun! I've only seen two others that were for sale, and they were snapped up right away. I was extremely fortunate to be at the right place at the right time.

CZ04FT

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »
I've since added the CZ 97B to the family! Actually, I'm picking it up on Sunday, Sept 2nd. It is in the 10 day waiting period at the transfer dealer's. The trigger felt comfortable in both DA and SA. I think it will be perfect right out of the box. But then again. It is a CZ! Good looking quality. A proud addition to the family.