Author Topic: Bren 805 S1 Carbine  (Read 3482 times)

Offline jay-man

Bren 805 S1 Carbine
« on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:56 AM »
I guess I am officially obsessed, a certain firearm catches my eye and I'm not happy until I own one. I went through this with my 75D, my 97BD, my 550, and now I gotta have a Bren with the 16 barrel. I would love to have the 11 barrel version, but when I was told about the hoops that had to be jumped through simply to attach a folding stock to it, that killed that. Politicians suck, all of them, no exceptions, just my opinion. I was wondering why I don't see anything about the Brens, pistol or rifle models?  Oh well, I'll get it ordered, be excited when my FFL calls and says that they have a delivery for me, and watch my wife try to act interested as show my newest CZ to her (she sees it as money in the bank, so it's all good). I already have a yen to replace an old Savage 17 hmr with a new CZ, so thats probably next. At least it will cost less

Offline Texasrpbrock

Re: Bren 805 S1 Carbine
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »
Keep us updated! I'm considering one as well but don't want to go through the hoops just to wait nine months for a tax stamp. But hope to add one around first of year.

Offline CZBren805

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:46 PM »
Jay-man, I know how you feel.  I just bought a CZ Bren 805 in FDE and pick it up in a few days.  Spent way too many hours scouring the web to watch every last video, review or post.  The Bren was my last purchase before the "prohibition" period starts in California. 

Offline jay-man

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 02:35:16 AM »
Well, now I'm jealous and a little embarrassed. I have yet to pull the trigger on purchasing a Bren (pun intended). I had one lined up ready to buy and the dealer I was corresponding with abruptly quit answering his phone, both calls and texts. Maybe fate stepped in because I was in the process of contacting a different dealer when I learned that I have a cataract in my right eye. Usally no big deal but I am blind in my left eye so any type of surgery on my right eye will be risky for sure, and expensive because my health insurance sucks ( I know that's hard to believe). Any-hoo, gonna eventually have a hefty co-pay for my cataract procedure that's coming up so the $1700.00 I had stashed will prolly go towards that. BUT, I did manage to add another CZ to my collection recently, found a like new satin nickel 83 .380 and the young man that offered it agreed to ship through the proper channels. My Bren will come one day, Mom always said that anticipation is the best part. Please posts some pics of your FDE when you get a chance, and I will do the same when I eventually get mine!

Offline CZBren805

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:20:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about your medical condition.  Hang in there and think about how much fun it is going to be to shoot that nice satin nickel 83.  We all have the same problem with so many great CZ firearms and not enough time or money :wink:

I will definitely post some pics over the next few weeks and will look forward to seeing yours as well.