Author Topic: front sight pin  (Read 5584 times)

zcbizzle

front sight pin
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »
Whats the best way to ensure problems don't happen after i get a new front sight pin put in? Had the problem of the front sight coming off when the pin either broke or popped our at the range, and I had the solid firing pin retainer put in and I am wondering if there is also something better for the front sight pin?

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: front sight pin
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
If you put the roll pin in yourself you can easily tell by the effort it takes to tap it in. A roll pin is a coiled spring and should be fairly tight. Nothing should knock it loose except a pin punch. Maybe the other pin was too small.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:12:13 AM »
That would be my guess. I like the roll pins because you can use a prick punch and anvil and you know when you set it correctly, its not coming loose.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »
+1 What they said
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

zcbizzle

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
so the problem was that it was either incorrectly sized or not properly set?

i had the thought that when i put new springs in the extra force may have knocked it a bit harder, and caused it, am I way off target with that idea?

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
Not really, the extra power recoil spring could cause the slide to slam forward harder and cause the pin to loosen, but odds are it wasn't in there too tight to begin with. I'm sure with the numbers that CZ cranks out, not every single pin gets set right. Coulda been made at 4:59pm on a friday when the guy was getting off at 5 and he didn't set it just perfect, ya know?