Author Topic: How much fun can a bunch of people have? (US Steel Nationals)  (Read 2069 times)

Offline frgood

This past weekend I attended the US Steel Nationals. There were several hundred competitive shooters and I cam with no allusions. Being new to the sport, I set my first time goal of not coming in last place. Fortunately, I did not. I was in position ten, or so, from the floor. This is good but it is not my reason for this post.

In my squad, were a bunch of great shooters. All ranging in age from 9 to 70. I watched, took advice, and learned from. But what really happened, I had not planned for. Every single person I met, I can truly and genuinely say were the nicest of people  I have ever met. We played games, ran around painting targets, and cheered each other on.

I am 53 years and have always worked hard to feed my family. I have had some fun times at parks and various gatherings. But when you stand with several hundred people all laughing together and having fun. (and seriously competing - The prize table was valued at $70,000). I can say I walked away not merely ready to practice for next years event, but I am looking forward to hanging with my new found friends.

Like this and one other local forum the activities here, like my first ever and second ever hunting experience, and like the Glock Match, there is a general joy of life that I wish would spread beyond this sphere. I am moved by the  past two years experience. I mean, seriously, how much fun can a bunch of people have? I guess a lot.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: How much fun can a bunch of people have? (US Steel Nationals)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »
I agree.....My wife came to watch us shoot this match and was surprised at the variety of people and how friendly and supportive they were. Our squad was amazing. We all had a great time and I look forward to next year and hopefully seeing them again. I am in the process of editing the video I took and will be posting it soon.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline MMC

• Smooth is Fast
    • My Youtube Channel:
Re: How much fun can a bunch of people have? (US Steel Nationals)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
While worked my tail off doing photography, it was loads fun for sure. I am glad I was able to support you guys during the match. Cant wait till next year!
Smooth is Fast