Author Topic: Today began official training/practice/use of my CZ 85  (Read 2283 times)

Offline frgood

Today began official training/practice/use of my CZ 85
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »
This weekend I found myself setting up a practice range.
  • Three 8 inch targets at 35ft all about 4' apart
  • 100 rounds of Remington 9mm 115gr
  • 100 round of Blazer 9 mm 115gr
  • 25 rounds of Aquilla 124gr.
  • Target Timer App on phone
I practiced draws, and maintaining sight picture across targets. I also found that I could run stage routine. make ready, Standby, beep, show clear, slide down, hammer down, holster. (I even caught a few rounds so I wasn't crawling around in the dirt).
Two appreciably things I learned. If I run the stage without the timer, I do not get as flustered and typically hit on each shot (i.e. 3 targets = 3 shots). Whereas, the timer (beep), is a psychological affliction I have to address. I find I miss as I try to rush.

The second big lesson - my par draw time is consistently 2.6 seconds. If I hit then my par transition is about 1 sec. per target when all are aligned equidistant.  What i like about this is I can now watch the impact of practice and matches. I'm not going to force it, yet. but just get the current times to execute every time. I am sure the speed increase will happen over time. At least, initially.
On a side note, The Double action may be a part of the 2.63 second as I pause to load the strength on the pull. As with my P250, my muscles will strengthen and this will be a non issue in short order. The Reduction kit should have an impact next weekend. But now. it is time to simply dry-fire till next weekend.
chfields noted that the next match is not for two weeks. soo...

(gotta be a way to embed a video)