Author Topic: 1st Real Steel Challenge.......  (Read 2425 times)

Offline chfields

• Administrator
1st Real Steel Challenge.......
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »
Sunday morning we went to the Volusia county gun club for there monthly Steel Challenge and it turns out they host a Sanctioned USPSA Steel Challenge. This means, unlike the prev range, this one actually sets up the targets according to the Official Steel Challenge rules, which is much farther away and apart than the prev range. This of course, means its that much more difficult to shoot. It was a very humbling experience, but it was also a lot of fun....

The RO's were great and while they are of course, sticklers for safety, they were very friendly and helpful.

Here is a link to the video
It is missing a couple of stages due to technical issues......
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline frgood

Re: 1st Real Steel Challenge.......
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »
Nice post. But then again, I'm bias:)

Is it possible to embed the video as opposed to just the link?

The Steel Challenge, run by First Coast Steel Shooters. Good folks with a serious step towards safety. I get the impression that I'll learn a lot from this group.

The fact that the stages were setup to spec means the runs will be practiced giving proper training and practice. Now I'm off to work in skills to engage and hits targets out to 16 yds. under the pressure of the run.

Chfields, you are fully engaged in the sport and it is clear that the addiction is also strong with you. You actually performed rather well. Working the stages and gaining experience seem to be a significant outcome of these events. So now onto the Zombie match.

I also think we can come up with some fun drills that don't involve taking a mortgage for ammo.

Great Weekend!!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: 1st Real Steel Challenge.......
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
I was on the USPSA website last night and went to the Steel Challenge section under results and found that Fred AKA FRGood and Herbert AKA Chfields were ranked 770 (FRGOOD) 739 (Chfields) out of 910 shooters nationwide......Very happy as that was our first time shooting the Steel Challenge...can't wait to do it again and climb higher in the ranks....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad