Author Topic: RAMI Decocker Re-Install Problem  (Read 11713 times)

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
RAMI Decocker Re-Install Problem
« on: March 09, 2014, 04:57:26 PM »
Hello All

I have replacement firing pin assembly for my CZ RAMI BD coming from CGW and plan to disassemble and polish trigger parts at same time using a forum guide Dave from CGW sent me.  I removed the decocker lever(part #60 on CZ diagram)  to get a look at the sear cage, and upon re-inserting it, I notice the cam on the lever can't get by the front of the decocking lever arm (part #61 on the CZ diagram), leaving it about 1/16"-1/8" short of going in.  I can't find a way to rotate or move the decocking lever where that cam can clear its front.  The forum step-by-step guides I'm using don't say anything about reassembly methods, and I tried cocking the hammer, partially releasing, holding the trigger while hammer is back, etc. but can't find a way to move #61 fo the decocker level can be fully inserted.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks in advance....
Geobob
US Navy P-3 Pilot, US Army Huey & Blackhawk Pilot (ret.)

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
Re: RAMI Decocker Re-Install Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:34:54 PM »
UPDATE:  Talked to Dave at Cajun Gun Works.  The trick on re-inserting the decocker lever post is to cock the hammer partway, then raise the back end of that pesky decocker arm (part #61) which lowers the front of it, and then the decocker lever post and cam will slip right in.  Just in case anyone else has a similar problem.  As I noted, CGW are really great folks and very willing to help if you need it.

Geobob
US Navy P-3 Pilot, US Army Huey & Blackhawk Pilot (ret.)

Online chfields

• Administrator
Re: RAMI Decocker Re-Install Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:40:37 PM »
Great job on updating us!! Hopefully this will help others as well.... Again great job!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad