Author Topic: Gunsmith in Austin, TX  (Read 7368 times)

figgie5

Gunsmith in Austin, TX
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »
I am looking for a gunsmith in the Austin area that can do some work on my P07 Duty.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Gunsmith in Austin, TX
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »

www.hankgun.com - 4722 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX- (512) 445-6339

site doesn't say anything about CZ work, but if he can work on the other guns mentioned, then a CZ should be no problem.

What are you looking to have done to the gun?

You can also google "Gunsmiths Austin, TX" and there are quite a few results.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:01:52 PM by Angryvikingman »

figgie5

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »
I saw Hank when I Googled a gunsmith in town.  I just didn't know if anybody had any recommendations. Actually, what I am wanting done is pretty simple.  I had installed the fiber optic front sight on my P07 about a year ago.  This weekend I was shooting IDPA, and it came off while I was shooting.  I have ordered a new one and was hoping somebody else would have better luck with it.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
Oh, when you put it in you have to spread the end of the roll pin on each side with a prick punch so it stays in. How did you install it?

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »
Angryvikingman's suggestion should work. If you still feel the need for a pro, I would start by calling McBrides (512) 472-3532 and asking for a referral. They would know every gunsmith in Travis County. Or, call Cabelas (512) 295-1100 and ask for a recommendation. They too should know all the area gunsmiths.

Where are you located? If you're not too far from San Marcos we have one of the best. David Buie at Boggus Gun Shop (512) 392-3513 is a semi-retired pro who knows CZ's.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:09:11 AM by DeeDubya »
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

figgie5

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
Angryvikingman, I had to do a little filing to get the sight to fit in the slot.  Once I got it all the way in, I did use a punch on the ends to hold it in place.  Maybe they weren't bent enough.  I don't know.  I might just give it another shot.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  Thanks DeeDubya for letting me know about David Buie.  I will definitely keep him in mind.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
Don't be afraid to bang the crap out of it. I used a 3lb sledge to drive out my hammer pins when I put in my comp hammer. I wasn't being easy with it at all.