Author Topic: Want to put peep rear sight and globe-style front sight on CZ-550 American  (Read 5401 times)

Jeekay29

Anyone know of a CZ rifle smith who could install such an iron sight set-up on my brand new CZ-550 American (with the Kevlar stock)?  It's designed for scope use only, but I'd still like to shoot it "old school" as well if I can find someone to do a custom installation.  (I contacted the Lyman company, but was informed that their peep sights will not work with the CZ-550 receiver.)

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Brownells has the tip-off style that clamps onto your dovetail. Beyond that you would have to have it drilled & tapped which might affect it's value down the road.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Jeekay29

Thanks, DD.

I also discovered that a company named NECG (New England Custom Guns) makes a dedicated CZ-500 rear ghost ring sight.  It's not near as refined as a Lyman or Williams (with their 1/4 MOA clicks), but it's rock solid and adequately adjustable. 

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
         Oh good I'm glad you got an answer and so quickly. Best of luck with the new sights and please keep us updated on how things work out? And we are allways here if you have any more questions.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
There has been some good feedback on another site re. the NECG sight. It should be perfect for hunting use.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.