Author Topic: Competition your were in, where when and how did you do?  (Read 15246 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Competition your were in, where when and how did you do?
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »
      Please put your Name, Match, and Placement. Personally I don't care if you came in dead last. The point is that you even tried. Not many will because it's intimadating as all hell, and to let our other members know some of us/you do compete and in what shkills, so that maybe they might want to give it a try also.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Competition your were in, where when and how did you do?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »
Angryvikingman

3 gun (IDPA) SSP class

Here are the results: http://www.mctsclub.com/Match%20Results/2011/03052011.jpg I'm Wayne Tolbert.

Stages: http://www.mctsclub.com/03052011_3gun.pdf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was really fun even though it was monsooning. Had some feed issues on one of the rifle portions because of the amount of rain and lack of dry places to stand, let alone put my gun. Had a super fast pistol stage with a time of 17 seconds, but ended up with a score of 26 because I hit a "No Shoot" (5pts) and didn't get all zeros on the 2 cardboard targets. (It was steel and cardboard) Since it was raining so hard there were clear plastic bags over the cardboard targets, making it nearly impossible to target on the 5 inch (est) "zero point" portion of the target. I didn't do horrible, and I shot better than a few others, also it was only my second competition.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:29:20 PM by Angryvikingman »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »
SHINY! Congratulations! Well done and I thank you for posting. I can't wait for others to do the same, It will without a doubt be a while before I think about competing in IDPA or IPSC but when I do I will post. Thanks very much AV for putting up the note and the links. Sounds like a bad day at black rock and no way am I going to cast asparagus on your shooting. I have spent many a day in the rain and not for fun, and I know what it was like for you. Well done Sir.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
Thanks GW. Evidently, there were some pro, and semi pro shooters there. You can see on the link that one guy just smoked everyone. That was one of the pros. He had his own team shirt and everything. He drove to TN from Michigan for the shoot. Another guy came from Iowa. If I'm to compete in more of these I'm going to have to dump some money into a Saiga 12 for my shotgun. The ole Mossberg 500 pump doesn't quite cut it. Reliable, but sloooooooow. There are more pistol and rifle matches this year that I will be going to. Anyone who wants to come will be more than welcome. Check www.mctsclub.com for upcoming events, and maybe I'll see you there.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:42:43 AM »
     Tell you what. I wasn't going to post local shoots because there are just to many, and I would have spent months listing them. But What I will do is from now on, Anyone in a club that has a shoot upcoming then not only post the info here but pm me with time, place and date ASAP )so the most folks close by will have time to plan) and I will add it to the Calender of events, so anyone looking at a certain month will be able to find it listed there as well.

undrlord

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 09:50:41 AM »
AV....do you go to all of these matches?  I am going to look up the site in a sec, but do they allow spectators to come in free of charge?  I would love to come out and see one of these and I am sure my dad would like it as well.

Funny the things that go on in your backyard and you don't know it  :grin:

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »
I don't know. Lol, I've only ever seen one spectator at any event, and that was a competitor's kid. You can always call one of the contact numbers and ask, but I suggest that you just throw down $20 each and compete. Its fun and you don't just stand around watching other people have all the fun. Just check out www.mctsclub.com for details. I'm going to try and go to the March 19th Run-n-Gun, it'll be my first true all pistol match. Feel free to come up and shoot. I can make sure you're in my group so that you'll have someone you sort of know there. lol. If its not monsooning I'll bring my video camera and film some of the stages.  There are directions on the website on how to get there, but its a little hard to find.

undrlord

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »
I am not to sure about the shooting part of it yet :grin:   I kind of like to watch the first time and get a feel for what I can expect.  Are there a lot of new shooters out there all the time?  How many shooters actually attend?  When you say group what do you mean?  How long have you been doing this?

LOL....sorry for all the questions but I feel that if I ask someone close, like a forum member, it makes more since than calling and talking to someone.  I know....I'm strange..hahaha

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
     The IDPA at my range didn't charge anything to watch the IDPA sanctioned shoot they had a couple months ago. And the range here also appears to host almost all if not all Competitive Shooting Org so that's here in Orlando. BTW the range also has Archery Range and an Axe/knife throwing range, go figure. I believe the range is 2 folks short of having enough people to qualify with one of the Archery Organizations as a club and then we can host those as well.

I'm to shy to compete, not to mention that I bite after not shooting for 10 years, so I am not going to compete any time soon, But I hope to once I get my skills cleaned up.

undrlord

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
my problem is that i am shy at first and then i get competitive.  i always feel that i have to do my best but in my opinion the only way to get better is to refine your craft and ask questions.  sometimes, depending on the person, they don't like to answer a lot of questions and can consider newbies a downer

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
     yep true that. But then you have folks that don't bother to take the time to read whats in front of them and then they post something that has been asked and answered allready or simlpy don't care where they ask the question. But that is one of the givens in/on forums. I do believer that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. But see if someone else has allready asked it and gotten an answer.  :cool:

Frankly I'm hoping we can all work together, have fun and help each other as much as we can.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »
Lol, you guys are funny. IDK if there are a lot of noobs, because I'm a noob there myself. Last weekend was only my second competition. As far as how many people attend, theres somewhere between 20 and 50 competitors there for most events. There will be plenty of opportunity to watch as you will be in a group of about 10 shooters, and if you are new, you can go last. The best way to practice is to compete against better shooters. You can only reach your highest level of skill by competing. Everyone I've met there is generally very friendly and will talk about gear and strategy with you while others are shooting and between matches. Come out and shoot, and I promise you'll have fun, even if you suck. I'm not fantastic, but I've never been in last place. lol!

undrlord

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 01:02:18 PM »
     yep true that. But then you have folks that don't bother to take the time to read whats in front of them and then they post something that has been asked and answered allready or simlpy don't care where they ask the question. But that is one of the givens in/on forums. I do believer that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. But see if someone else has allready asked it and gotten an answer.  :cool:

Frankly I'm hoping we can all work together, have fun and help each other as much as we can.

Are you trying to call me out GW  :laugh:

undrlord

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
Lol, you guys are funny. IDK if there are a lot of noobs, because I'm a noob there myself. Last weekend was only my second competition. As far as how many people attend, theres somewhere between 20 and 50 competitors there for most events. There will be plenty of opportunity to watch as you will be in a group of about 10 shooters, and if you are new, you can go last. The best way to practice is to compete against better shooters. You can only reach your highest level of skill by competing. Everyone I've met there is generally very friendly and will talk about gear and strategy with you while others are shooting and between matches. Come out and shoot, and I promise you'll have fun, even if you suck. I'm not fantastic, but I've never been in last place. lol!

It does sound like a ton of fun for sure.  I might try to make it out there with my dad.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 01:14:32 PM »
OK color me confused. You asked dabout something then went and found what you were asking about and that was that. Ammunition as a title is fairly ambiguous so I am going to change it the Ammo and Reloading _R_Us