Author Topic: Cz 75b with factory ok red dot sight?  (Read 14699 times)

Longnose

Cz 75b with factory ok red dot sight?
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:07:36 PM »
Ok guys I'm new to forum and cz's so please disregard my ignorance. I recently aquired a two tone 75b with factory red dot sight made by ok and can't find and info on the pistol. I am hoping some one can shed some light on this gun for me. It's date is around 2000 and from whatbincan find was limited run made by Cz. Please help me out with info and thanks in advance.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Cz 75b with factory ok red dot sight?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:57:27 PM »
         Hi and Welcome to our forum. There is no Ignorant questions just uninformed ones. We all had them ourselves for any number of reasons so ask anything you need to or want regarding anything CZ Related. Every one here tries to help each other because we are here to learn about CZ's or teach what we know or think we know :grin: make friends have fun and simply to help. So Welcome to our Forum.

I'm sorry to say but I'm not understanding your question for some reason. I don't think I have ever seen the questions or a pistol like that before. Would you take some pictures Please? upload them to a photo hosting service, Most are free, and then copy the URL code and post it in you reply. That way our severs don't get filled up, and Pictures take a LOT of space!. Oh ya a couple names might help. Snapfish, photobucket, and I swear no matter how many times I do this those are the only 2 I can remember. Someone help me put here please? Anywat the pictures would be a really big help answering you question. at least for me anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Longnose

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:04:58 AM »
I also have paperwork that came with sight and has Cz-USA marked all over it and the pistol was made in 1997
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:07:52 AM by Longnose »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
           OK those are great thanks for posting them. And in the proper place Could post it in the General Firearms board also but I think personally this thread is perfect. I'm not a red dot user, but they have been around a while and while your pistol was made in 97 I think the red dot is newer, and I can't see the CZUB installing one unless it's one of the shooting teams old guns (which BTW if that was true you would have people beating a path to your door, but I seriously doubt CZUB Factory had anything to do with mounting it) I DO however think either CZCustom or CZ-USA more than likely did the work.

Here's where the confusion may come in, CZCustom is owned by Angus Hobdell who is not only a Master Gunsmith, but also the head of CZ-USA's shooting team. But CZCustom is NOT owned by CZUB nor CZ-USA, they are just really good business partners.

Which leads us to CZ-USA itself. They are not Manufactureres they are the wholly owned subsidiary of CZUB as the sole distribution agents for the US Market and probably other places. Never asked, don't care as long as they never leave here. They also have in-house gunsmiths to do repair work and make additions or customize a customers weapon(s) before they get shipped to the Customer.

Not to be insulting, and I think it's a waste of time to take a picture of the paperwork, would you please tell us/me what the paper work reads/says and if it actually says the red dot was installed at the CZUB Factory at the same time as the pistol was made and assembled, or by CZ-USA's people here in the states. The part about a limited run may be that is was built by CZCustom. But, CZ has built pistols for RSR and others for various reasons so the paper work really would help, and I wish I had asked for it when I asked for the pictures. (Make a copy of it, store the original safely, use a marks-a-lot on anything that's private, more coming known as redacting.) The date is going to be a 2 digit number in a circle directly next to the ejector port 00 would mean 2000, 97 would mean 1997 and so on. And no I am not trying to insult you or talk down to you, just trying to be very clear. Sometimes I come up short in tackfull wording. They may well even be a date on the red dot sight itself you can see with out taking the red dot off, Which I advise against. Part of what's making me have to make a lot of guesses is because the frame holding the sight,  they bolted to the slide it covering up the Model name of the pistol, if there is one on the slide since it's a limited addition, and why it was made.

What ever you have, I would say you have a VERY nice piece of iron there and take good care of it. I don't know how much you paid for it and it's none of my business unless you want bragging rights about getting a crazy deal on a great pistol.

Actually after all this yammering I just realised that you could as Stuart on the CZCustom Q&A Board, He may know more about the entire thing. Give everyone a day or so to catch up with all the posts here and see what any others have to say. And if for some reason you want to sell it I may be able to scrape up say 300 or 400 hundred just to help you out and take it off your hands as it were  :angel: :cool: :rolleyes:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Longnose

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »
Thanks for your input and the red dot was installed in 97. I spoke with original owner and he bought it in 97 with the red dot on the pistol. And the paperwork I have is the users manual  for the red dot and that is where the Cz-USA trade marks are located. Also warranty is thru Cz-USA
Also I have the Cz inspection paperwork from cz
And was the offer of 300-400 a joke or a serious offer?
And I had trigger tested and SA is a hair over 2 lbs
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:54:50 AM by Longnose »

Longnose

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »
Eureka!!! my pistol was assembled by CZ-UB! The optic was mounted at assembly and these pistols were a dealer special to boost sale of 75b in the states in 99.the OK optic is also czech made and was the reason info was hard to come by. Thanks for all who helped me on this one. As far as i can tell there are at least 100 of these pistols floating around i think because i found another one and serial#'s are 89#'s apart. The optic is still made today and is designed for ISPC competition. optic runs about 270 and mount is anther 80 bucks, Magnum shooters supply are the only importer here in the states.
here is info on optic http://www.oktarget.cz/sport_en.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:17:53 AM by Longnose »

CZ04FT

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »
While this is a little more than I want for my range gun, thank you for all the information. It has been a real education!

A little late, but welcome to the forum!

Longnose

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 09:42:22 AM »
I have been trading emails with a gentleman from CZ, so as more info comes in i will post it up. And as far as a range gun, i am going to make this a sweet race gun for comps.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
            That's really great news! This is yet another of those CZ Mystries I was talking about earlier, that keep people so fascinated with CZ's. And in the long run it helps all of us learn new things, share them and maybe the info won't get lost again for a while. Sort of like those Legends and History on a family or Secrets that passed from one to another verbally. :cheesy:

CWright

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 02:41:30 PM »
I have one of these as well. I have been all over the net trying to find out what I really have. I have looked forever and your pictures are the only ones I have seen of my gun, thank you! What are we looking at for value and is this something I should hold onto? I bought it in 98 and have put 40 rounds through it.
Finally! I may find some answers!
Chris

b5.5dan

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:06 PM »
All I can say is welcome to the CZForum, an I am HEARTBROKEN I will never own one of those... Dang...

Longnose

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 08:41:43 AM »
Why would you throw in the towel and settle on never owning one? I saw one sold in an auction a few years ago sold for less than 500! The gentleman had it listed as Cz 75b with crappy red dot! Poor guy had no idea what he had.

CWright

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
Does anyone know a value? That's my problem right now. If I wanted to sell it I wouldn't have a clue what to ask for it.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

b5.5dan

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
Why would you throw in the towel and settle on never owning one?
My luck. I don't catch too many breaks lol