Author Topic: Returned to IDPA Saturday.  (Read 9798 times)

Floyd D. Barber

Returned to IDPA Saturday.
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »
Been away from shooting for a while due to a broke leg.

Didn't post any great scores, but I had a good time.

Shooting my favorite gun. CZ of course.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Returned to IDPA Saturday.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »
      Well Wish we had known. But Welcome back sir! Missed ya around here. Thanks for the link to your competition shooting. I think I really want to give it a try. Not sure about the ground an dhow stable my ankle will be if the ground is that uneven. But on the other hand I best learn how to deal with that since you don't get to pick where you want to be for a real life firefight. :grin:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

warkzuns

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:21:52 AM »
Good for you...

Pinseh

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 01:28:39 AM »
hi guys I just bought a 75, it has all the looks of a 75B but dosn't have ambi sfety and wnder since I'm new at this what model is it since it has the hammer and the sghts of B, I bought this from a friend's dad, he told me he has had it since for ever and want it for IDPA and IPSC.

Floyd D. Barber

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:52:47 AM »
Where does it say it was manufactured? If it says Czechoslovakia instead of the Czech Republic, hang onto it for dear life. Mags may be harder to get, but it is a collectors item.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
Man that looks like fun.  It's also inspiration for me to get out there and to keep pushing through my chronic injury. 

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 06:58:48 AM »
Pinseh
         Would you take and post some pictures of your weapon? Maybe we can help identify it. But a good starting place is what Floyd D. Barber had to say about it: Does it say Made in Czechoslovakia instead of made in the Czech Republic? Also there is a little oval on the ejection port with 2 numbers in it, that is the year it was made. So 87 would mean it was made in 1987, 78 would mean 1978 and so on.

Floyd D. Barber:
         How's the leg doing? and have you gotten to compete any more since you posted the first msg here?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:46:35 PM by GhostWarrior »

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Floyd D. Barber

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
Made a few, missed a few. With temps around freezing when the matches start, I prefer to stay in. Possibility of snow for this weekend.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »
With temps around 60 I tend to stay in, you can bet I don't want to compete that badely I'll go out and freeze to do it.  :cool:  Most likely wouldn't even go hunting if it was that cold, (your kind of cold I mean) not that I know anyone that hunts let alone would take me with them. Not much cold weather gear for that matter.  :laugh:

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »
Cold weather gear?? you mean long pants instead of shorts and shoes instead of flip flops... :tongue: :tongue: :cheesy: :cheesy: :laugh: :laugh:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 07:35:23 PM »
well ya................................ :cool:

Pinseh

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 12:23:25 AM »
thanks a lot for the info! it actualy sayes czech republic and according to what the friend sayed up there, it was made in 93... once I figure out how to upload a picture from my mobil, I will. Thanks again for the help!